Last week, there were a few chilly days in Orange County and I went into full-on fall mode. Give me all the velvet, flannel, plaids and cozy knits please! There are so many great pieces out right now and it was definitely difficult to narrow down my list. I hope you’ll like this mix of trendy pieces and basics. Everything is less than $50, so you can’t go wrong with any of these. Knowing SoCal, it will be back in the ’70s or even ’80s by the time this post goes live, but I’m determined to incorporate a bit of fall fashion into my outfits no matter what the temperature!
- Embroidered Detail Crossbody Bag ($39.99): Embroidered pieces are huge right now. If you are hoping to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe, this is the perfect (low-cost) accessory.
- Fine-knit Hat with Pompom ($12.99): It’s not quite chilly enough in SoCal to justify wearing a beanie, but I feel like it’s getting close! I need to replace my cream one from last season, which I spilled hot chocolate on. Oops!
- Sequin Bomber Jacket ($34.90): It may seem like I’m jumping the gun here picturing this sequin bomber as part of my holiday season outfits, but this piece (and price) is so good and won’t last long. I’m sure it will sell out soon, so if you are coveting a sequin bomber, snag it now.
- Embroidered Shirt ($49.90): Again with the embroidery trend! I am totally loving this shirt, though. I love a good twist on a classic.
- Printed Velvet Dress ($49.90): Velvet is another big trend right now. I like this velvet dress because it’s a little brighter than a lot of the pieces out there, and I love the print. I’d style it with a leather jacket and some chic black booties.
- Faux Suede Over-The-Knee Boots ($39.90): Speaking of boots, these over-the-knee (faux) suede boots are so good. You’d never guess that they cost less than $40.
- Convertible Tote ($29.90): This is such a great everyday/carry-all bag for fall and winter. You can’t go wrong with a versatile burgundy bag this time of year.
- Plaid Poncho ($22): Ponchos and wraps are among my SoCal fall must-haves because they are great to use as layering pieces. They’re also great for adding print and color to even the most basic of outfits.
- ASOS MIRANDA Bow Loafers ($36): How cute are these leopard-print bow loafers? I’m obsessed and can’t believe they are only $36.
- Quilted Plaid Vest ($36.94): A quilted vest is another great layering option for transitional seasons or for people who live in an area of the country that doesn’t get too cold in the fall and winter.
- Imitation Leather Leggings ($19.99): Leather leggings are my absolute favorite for fall and winter! They are so chic and comfortable and perfect to wear with dresses and chunky knit sweaters.
- ASOS Sweater with Lace Bell Sleeves ($46): I absolutely love the detail on this black top. The lace sleeves are so fun (and on trend).
- Jacquard-knit Sweater ($29.99): This is such a nice and inexpensive sweater to have in your closet this fall and winter.
- New Wide Fit Suedette Cut Out Block Heel ($41): I’m really digging these shoes because they are a combination of a pump and a boot. I also like the block heel.
- Contrast-Trim Popover Top ($19.90): If you’ve been wanting to try the “pajama” trend, but are not sure if you can really pull it off, this top is a perfect piece for you. The black and white is simple, easy to pair with other items in your closet, and, of course, comfortable with a good price point.
- Ribbed Sweater ($29.99 ): I really like the tulip hem detail on this sweater. It also comes in several colors!
- Boyfriend Flannel ($15): I love stocking up on boyfriend flannels for fall and winter. I wear them to bed, with my gym clothes, and out-and-about with jeans, a denim skirt or pants.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌