How many times have you found yourself in the beauty aisle looking through an endless amount of products that sound too good to be true? How many times have you spent your hard-earned cash on a product only to be disappointed after minimal (if any) improvement? Our contributor (and self-proclaimed face mask junkie!), Lesley from Blare June, rounded up five moisturizing face masks that—gasp—actually work! Her picks and advice below.
- L’Oréal Paris, Pure-Clay Mask, Detox & Brighten: If you follow any beauty bloggers on social media, you likely have noticed the recent release of the L’Oréal Pure Clay Masks. Not only is this new line affordable, but the masks actually work! The line consists of three masks, each targeting different needs, but the charcoal option impressed me the most. Charcoal helps to detoxify and illuminate the skin, resulting in a brighter and rebalanced complexion. Sign me up!
- Glossier, Mega Greens Galaxy Pack: I an a HUGE Glossier fan—there is not product I don’t love. That being said, the Mega Greens Galaxy Pack is, in my opinion, the best. Glossier describes this mask as basically a juice cleanse for the face. Trust me when I say this mask is a game-changer.
- Too Cool For School, Egg Mousse Pack: Now that you have your juice from the Glossier option, you need some eggs. This whipped foam face mask is actually made from egg white and egg yolk extract. Did you know that egg white purifies and brightens the skin and egg yolk extract leaves skin hydrated and smooth? I sure didn’t, but it’s another reason why I love eggs so much.
- Dr. Jart+, Dermaclear Trans-Foam Clay: This affordable option starts off as clay when applied to skin but then transforms into a gentle foaming cleanser. This great option not only helps remove excess markup and detoxify skin, but also provides intense hydration benefits.
- La Mer, The Intensive Revitalizing Mask: Although this option is expensive, it truly is worth the investment. This cult favorite plumps and hydrates the skin leaving it feeling younger. Again, sign me up!