With the holiday season officially upon us, it’s time to get a jumpstart on your holiday style and the best fashion finds before they sell out. If history has taught me anything, it’s to get your festive outfits ready early. That way, you aren’t frantically rushing around trying to find things mid-December when there are more important things to focus on, like presents, cocktails and what kind of cookies you are going to bake.
This month, I’m featuring some pieces that can be dressed up or down and have that luxe holiday feel with velvet and lace embellishments—and, of course, some of my favorite sequined pieces. There were so many fun items out in stores and I had a hard time narrowing down my picks, so I included a few “bonus” pieces at the bottom. Also, if you are interested, you can follow my new Instagram account @abbysbudgetbuys, where I update my latest budget fashion and style finds daily! Who is ready to score some deals so you have more money for presents?
- Leather Pompom Ballerina Flats ($49.90): I know these aren’t everyone’s style, and I don’t usually wear much yellow, but I absolutely love this rich marigold color with the cute little pom. It’s the perfect way to spice up an all-black holiday look and/or for those who want a statement shoe that’s not a sky-high platform heel.
- Beaded Bucket Bag ($49.90): I adore this bag! It has that vintage-y feel and the details of a small clutch, except it is the perfect size to actually fit all your holiday party essentials.
- Cable-Knit Turtleneck Sweater ($39.99): Sure, this may seem like your basic cream turtleneck sweater, but I firmly believe this will become a staple in your current wardrobe, especially because it’s long enough to go over leggings. That always gets a gold star in my book. Wear it with simple leggings and skinny jeans or pair it with sequin or velvet leggings!
- Cherry Blossom Shirt & Long Leg Pajama Set ($43): I’m always looking for cute PJs to add to my wardrobe so I can slowly get rid of my ratty sweats from high school and college (yes, I still wear those). I really love this print!
- Bell Sleeve Top ($22.90): A bell-sleeved top with leather bell sleeves? Yes! I think this top is so fun and a cool way to spice up and add a little flair to a basic holiday look.
- Buffalo Plaid Frayed Scarf ($12.90): I couldn’t resist adding this scarf to my edit this month. I like that it feels cozy and feminine without being too ‘pink.’
- Velvet Jogging Trousers ($25.90): I’m a firm believer in “Thanksgiving pants” or holiday pants. “Friends” lovers will probably know exactly what I’m talking about. I love this rich-looking cranberry color, but it also comes in mink and dark blue.
- Ball and Chain Earrings ($15.90): With all the sparkle going on during the holiday season, I love the simplicity and classic look of these earrings.
- Sequined Top ($49.99): This sequin top, though! I love that it comes in silver and black.
- Glittery Slingbacks ($34.99): I’m kind of obsessed with these glittery heels that come in silver and gold. The block heel makes them more comfortable to walk in and I love the bow detail.
- Velvet Minaudiere Bag ($49.90): This bag makes me so happy. It definitely looks more expensive than $50!
- Women’s Diamond by FarylRobin Celinda Velvet Embellished Flats ($34.99): Holy Target find! How cute are these embellished velvet flats? There is also a heeled version.
- Sequined Tights ($39.99): What’s a holiday wardrobe without sequin leggings. These come in black, gold and silver, and would look super cute with a cozy knit sweater. If you are interested in sequin bottoms that are more like pants, try these (they are also less than $50!).
- Velour Dress with Lace ($34.99): I’m kind of obsessed with this dress. The mix of velour and lace makes it perfectly on trend for this holiday season and yet it doesn’t scream trendy. If you prefer a more classic look, wear the black version, but it also comes in pink and marigold.
- Jacquard Open-Front Jacket ($49.94): Swap out your blazer or cardigan this season for this cute metallic jacket!
- Sweater in Chevron Pattern ($46): I love the texture this pattern creates on the sweater. It’s super cozy and would look cute with skinny jeans, leather pants or a black pencil skirt.
More fashion favorites…