Glitter Guide contributor, Arin Kleinman, is back to divulge a decadent recipe for Peppermint Hot Chocolate that we’ll be indulging in all December (nay, winter) long!
We had our first snowfall in Chicago and it was pure bliss! It wouldn’t be a snow day without a piping hot cup of cocoa while cozied up by the fireplace. It’s in these moments that I remember to embrace the little things. After all, sometimes, all we need to do is slow down.
In honor of the holidays (and seasonal snowfalls!), I’m sharing one of my favorite Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipes below. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy with family and friends all season long. What are your favorite hot cocoa recipes? Share below, and remember to tag your creations with #FlashesofDelight.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
*Makes 1 drink
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used almond milk)
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 drops of peppermint oil (if you choose, you can melt a candy cane instead)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream, sugar and salt, and heat on medium-low.
- When the sauce begins to steam, add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add the peppermint oil (or part of a candy cane) and top with whipped cream.