It’s the holiday season and our New York City editor, Carly, is sharing her favorite gifts she gave, and maybe a few things she picked up for herself, too! From statement earrings for a steal to the perfect hostess gift, see what made Carly’s favorites list this month.
1. I love taking an ordinary bag, like this chic L.K. Bennett Crossbody Bag ($265), and personalizing it with Boyarde Letters ($30 each) for a fun touch!
2. Colder weather means cozying up at home more, and these Fleur’t Ji by Fleur’t Cotton Cashmere Long Sleeve V-Neck Top ($142) and Boxer Shorts w/ Lace Trim ($82) are a more luxe way to lounge than an old pair of sweats.
3. A bottle of Champagne is always a gift worth giving and I love the cool Veuve Clicquot Arrow ($65) tin. I couldn’t resist the New York one to keep on display in my apartment!
4. I had been seeing these statement earrings everywhere but wasn’t ready to splurge until I found these great Baublebar Crispin Drops ($48) for such a steal!
5. I updated the art in my new apartment and instantly fell in love with this vintage Art.com JFK Print ($194.99) to go along with our black-and-white theme.
6. A new year is so close, so I love giving a chic desk calendar, like this kate spade new york 12-Month Desktop Calendar ($20), for friends and co-workers.
7. How adorable is this Packed Party Fa La Freaking La Holiday Sweatshirt to wear during holiday break?
8. I stopped by the Glossier showroom here in NYC to pick up some holiday gifts and ended up walking out with this Glossier Lip Gloss ($14) for myself! I’m not usually a lip gloss person, but this gives the perfect shine without being sticky.