January is all about a fresh start and recharging, and there’s no better way to do just that than curling up with a book! From celebrity memoirs to a turn-paging novel, here are the 10 books we’re recommending to start off 2017.
1. Rest: Why You Get More Done When You Work Less, by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang: To help kick off the new year with a new outlook, Silicon Valley consultant, Alex Pang, shows how getting more rest can lead to a more successful life.
2. The Princess Diarist, by Carrie Fisher: For any “Star Wars” fan, Carrie Fisher shares her journals from filming the classic movies.
3. Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race, by Margot Lee Shetterly: Whether you recently saw the new acclaimed movie over the holidays, or want to read the story before the movie, this phenomenal true story is a must-read.
4. The Nine of Us: Growing Up Kennedy, by Jean Kennedy Smith: As the last surviving child of Joe and Rose Kennedy, Jean shares an intimate and illuminating look at her childhood and life as a Kennedy.
5. I’ll Take You There: A Novel, by Wally Lamb: This story pays a beautiful homage to women and the power and strength they hold.
6. The Underground Railroad: A Novel, by Colson Whitehead: A New York Times bestseller, this novel shares the story of a young slave’s adventures as she makes her way toward freedom.
7. Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between), by Lauren Graham: It’s not hard to love Lauren Graham, whether on “Gilmore Girls” or “Parenthood,” and her new memoir is full of set secrets, advice and stories.
8. The Daily Show (The Book): An Oral History as Told by Jon Stewart, the Correspondents, Staff and Guests, by Chris Smith and Jon Stewart: As the host of “The Daily Show” for more than 17 years, Jon Stewart and his writers are now revealing stories from behind-the-scenes of his loved show.
9. A Touch of Farmhouse Charm: Easy DIY Projects to Add a Warm and Rustic Feel to Any Room, by Liz Fourez: This DIY book is ideal to add the perfect amount of coziness to your home this winter.
10. High Dive, by Jonathan Lee: This bold and intimate novel will make you both laugh and cry. It is filled with unforgettable characters for a page-turning story.