Glitter Guide contributor, Arin Kleinman, is back to share how she reverses the adverse effects of over-indulging with a mug of homemade Ginger Lemon Detoxifying Tea. Get the recipe below!
Happy New Year! I hope your resolutions are going strong, and that you’re replenishing some good back into those bones! If you were anything like me over the holidays, a detox is definitely due. To get back on track, I’m sharing one of my favorite home recipes: A cleansing ginger lemon tea. There are countless health benefits to this simple combination, including stress relief, heart disease prevention, better blood flow, fever reduction, mood and concentration boosters—and that’s not even the full list! Even better? This recipe calls for just three ingredients. Read on for the recipe.
Ginger Lemon Detoxifying Tea
*Makes one drink.
- 2 cups of water
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2 slices of lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Combine the ginger, lemon and water in a small pot on the stove.
- Bring to a boil using high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove, and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove ginger, and enjoy!
- Optional: I added a cinnamon stick for some extra flavor. It also ups the presentation factor!