Need a boost to get back in shape? We’ve got the perfect roundup for you! Glitter Guide contributor, Arin Kleinman, breaks down five workout classes that will have you and your pals sweating and burning calories in no time.
’Tis the season to get back on that workout grind! It’s no secret that exercise is an essential part of living a long, healthy life. A recent survey concluded that 80 percent of American adults don’t get the recommended amount of exercise, leading to health issues, type 2 diabetes and heart disease. The phrase ‘working out’ doesn’t have to feel like a chore. In fact, there are thousands of workouts that will not only get your blood pumping, but are fun, too! I’m rounding up some of my favorites below.
- POUND: My sister recently took me to this class, and it was extremely entertaining! POUND fuses Pilates, isometric movements and yoga-based poses into a 45-minute series. It’s a full-body cardio jam session with easy-to-follow moves and drumming! If you had a bad day, you can take your aggression out on those sticks. It feels so good. My teacher had the best mix filled with current top hits, so I was singing and giggling along. I will definitely be back for more!
- SurfSET: I recently saw one of my favorite vloggers try this class, and it looked like so much fun! If you’re hoping to shake up your yoga routine, this is definitely the class for you. Here’s the challenge: the board isn’t stable, it’s balanced on three stability balls. This helps build up your core and strength. You can also take a cardio or muscle-building class and/or one that incorporates all three! Have any of you tried this yet?
- Bollywood Dancing: I’ve always been into dance classes, so this one definitely peaked my interest! Learning something new can be a really fun experience if you allow it to be. Most everyone is a beginner, so don’t feel intimidated. Enjoy pulsing music and exotic dance moves. Depending on the instructor, the class can be a cardio/toning workout. The music is absolutely beautiful, too!
- Broadway Bodies: Learn some Broadway moves and get a cardio workout in the process. You’ll tone your entire body while learning a choreographed dance from your favorite Broadway shows and music videos! Beyoncé is even on the list! Girl, let’s get in ‘Formation.’
- TrampoLEAN: Jump your way to greatness! The trampoline moves include jump lunges, jump squats, planks and more. It’s high-energy and will get your heart soaring. It’s so incredibly fun to move to the beat of the music. It’s also a fun class to enjoy with friends, so what are you waiting for?