From hair to toe, these are the oils you should implement into your beauty routine right now, according to beauty buff and Glitter Guide contributor, Caylee Ashwell!
Apply oil to the face? You are probably a little hesitant to do that, right? We bet you are thinking: Won’t it clog my pores? Will it make my already-oily skin more oily? Won’t it (gasp!) cause me to break out? The simple answer is no! Contrary to common belief, natural oils are extremely beneficial to maintaining a healthy, glowing, acne-free complexion! You just have to know which ones to use and when to use them. See our linked list of picks below!
- Physician’s Formula Argan Lip Oil ($12.95): The best pre-lipstick treatment. Argan oil conditions, hydrates and revives sensitive skin on the lips. Use on its own as a lip gloss (it adds shine without being sticky!) or as a targeted treatment before applying a matte lipstick. Tip: It’s especially nice in the winter, when the air is dry and lips are constantly chapped!
- Rosehip Oil ($20.97): Organic, cold-pressed, unrefined rosehip oil is the ultimate daily moisturizer, morning and night. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin A, the oil works on a cellular level to rejuvenate the skin from the inside out. The presence of vitamin C helps boost collagen and even out skintone, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Celebrities like Miranda Kerr and Victoria Beckham swear by this all-natural oil as a cost-effective, anti-aging skincare solution.
- Grapeseed Oil ($2.89): Most traditional makeup removers are filled with harsh chemicals and unnecessary additives, but grapeseed oil works just the same! Add a couple drops to a cotton swab and wipe away the day in one easy swipe. It’ll even tackle your most stubborn products, like fiery red lipstick and waterproof mascara.
- Briogeo Rosarco Oil ($28): This oil features an optimal, nutrient-rich blend of rosehip, argan and coconut oils. The three work together to smooth the hair cuticle (goodbye, frizz!), boost shine and protect strands from free-radical damage and UV rays. It’s ultra-lightweight, so it can be used on damp hair before styling or on dry hair as a finishing product!
- Tea Tree Oil ($7.55): A tried-and-true natural acne solution! Tea tree oil has tons of antibacterial properties that target blemishes and rid the skin of impurities. Add a few drops to a carrier oil, like coconut or jojoba, and rub onto problem areas. You’ll wake up with noticeably clearer skin.
- Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil ($44): Trying to perfect that dewy makeup look? Add a few drops of Sheer Oil to your foundation and mix them together with a brush or a beauty blender. The oil will give your skin a fresh-faced, radiant glow without causing it to look oily or unfinished. Bonus Tip: You can use this product for just about anything—it’s an excellent makeup remover, all-over moisturizer and split-end tamer. Keep it in your travel bag and see how many problems it solves.