Glitter Guide contributor, Arin Kleinman, is back to help you out of your dating slump with 10 clever ideas that will add the romance back to your relationship—and each costs less than $10 to pull off!
If your go-to date nights these days consist of sweatpants and Netflix, it’s probably time to mix things up a bit. Not that there’s anything wrong with that picture (I’m all for a lazy night once in awhile), but keeping things fresh and fun increases relationship satisfaction. While sharing a favorite dish at your go-to restaurant is enjoyable, we’re looking to spice up the romance and get those endorphins going beyond food. Ready for the best part? We’re sharing our favorite date night ideas that’ll each cost you $10 or less. Yup, no excuses now! Feel free to add your favorite ideas in the comments below.
- Pick up a disposable camera: Put the phones away (IG, you can wait!) and jump back into a time machine. Purchase a disposable camera and capture fun moments around town. Was there anything more exciting in life than getting your photos developed? Oh, how times have changed. Bonus: This also means that you can later scrapbook together! Surprise each other with your creations, and don’t be afraid to get silly.
- Share a bike: With warm temps finally on the horizon, bike-sharing season is almost upon us! Some of my favorite memories include riding my city bike with the hubby along Lake Michigan. We enjoyed so many breathtaking sights between the skyline and waterfront. This is a great way to get those endorphins going while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Stargaze: I know this sounds cheesy, but it’s one of my favorite spring/summer activities. There’s something about staring into the starry night that takes romance to another planet (pun intended). Try to point out the cosmos if you’re into astronomy. This guide is a must during our current cosmo adventures!
- Make fondue: Did someone say cheese and chocolate? Seriously, this is one of my favorite treats on a special night in! While most store-bought packages cost less than $10, you can make your own for even less. Don’t be afraid to get creative! S’mores fondue has been a new favorite around here—can you blame us?
- Game night: I know this one is obvious, but it’s the classic (and free) date night in. If you’re feeling up for it, you can put $10 in the middle for the winner! It definitely makes things a lot more competitive.
- Watch a movie outdoors: Venture to the great outdoors with your laptop! Get cozy in the backyard with a fun flick, and bring yummy snacks! It’s your own personal ‘drive-in’ movie theater.
- Test drive a fancy car: Speaking of driving, why not drive yourself a fancy car at the local dealership? I’m definitely thinking a Tesla test run is in my future. A gal can dream!
- DIY ice cream: Have you seen these ice cream recipes? So many yummy creations, and they offer fun ways to bake together. I see a competition in our future.
- Make at-home massage appointments: Massages help reduce stress and improve mood. Grab some oils (I personally love lavender) and recreate your favorite spa days! It’s a DIY win-win.
- Fly a kite: When’s the last time you flew a kite? Drugstores sell them at super affordable prices, and they’re a fun way to get outside and laugh together—especially when they come crashing to the ground. See who can get higher!