Our newest beauty contributor, PJ Feinstein, kicks things off by offering a list of rose-infused beauty products to revel in this winter—and beyond!
While I’d love to receive a bunch of roses any day of the week, I think I’d be even more excited if my sweetie surprised me with rose beauty products instead! It’s not that I don’t appreciate the romance of roses, but let’s be honest: rose-infused skincare and hair products last a whole lot longer than a bouquet. Plus, as it turns out, the flower’s a powerful ingredient when it comes to maintaining a soft, supple and youthful-looking complexion. Below are the rose beauty products I have my eyes (and nose!) on this season.
- Organic rosehip seed oil, rich in essential fatty acids that support the skin’s natural regeneration process, is the key ingredient in Weleda Renewing Eye Cream ($28.50). Eyes look less tired, so it won’t be so obvious that I was up late scrolling through my Facebook feed…yet again.
- My complexion’s been looking particularly dull and dry this winter, so I’m eager to slather on Amala Hydrating Yogurt Mask ($64). Made with 100 percent organic wild rose, this moisturizing mask helps refine skin’s texture by promoting cell renewal.
- CHI Rose Hip Oil Color Nurture Dry Shampoo ($19) helps prevent color from fading (I’m in the process of going blonde!) and would allow me to go an extra day or two without having to wash and style my hair, which always feels like such a chore.
- Rose Otto, also known as Bulgarian rose essential oil, gives EVE LOM Radiance Lift Cream ($72) its delicate fragrance while soothing and calming the complexion. The indulgent cream also features rosehip as part of a bespoke antioxidant blend that protects the skin from environmental stresses.
- I’m not typically a toner user, but there’s something so luxurious about the idea of applying Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz ($9.99) after cleansing. Not only does it help remove stubborn makeup and prep the skin for moisturizer, but it’s rich in organic rosewater to help boost skin’s radiance.
- I’ve recently started incorporating beauty oils into my skincare regime; they’re great for repairing and protecting the skin. The rose essential oil in Twig + Petal Radiance Multi-Purpose Oil ($15) offers aromatherapy benefits in addition to toning and clarifying the skin.
- Forget the fact that basq Resilient Body Oil ($36) is primarily intended to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. I’m into it because it’s packed with omega-rich oils like rosehip to nourish dry, itchy skin while helping to build collagen and elastin.