It’s time to shake off the stale air of winter, and bring in all of the spring vibes. Turn on the tunes, open up the windows and grab your favorite cleaning products! There’s nothing more satisfying than the annual spring cleaning. For many people, the pleasure comes after the work is complete (unless you’re Danny Tanner, of course). Your spring cleaning will definitely require some elbow grease, and while it may never become effortless, there’s definitely ways to make it more manageable. Even if habits are less than tidy, there are some easy steps you can take to ensure a smooth process from start to finish. Oh, and you may even have some fun along the way! Contributor, Arin, is spilling five of our favorites below. Happy Cleaning!
- Checklists: Check! There are countless printable spring cleaning lists that will help guide and remind. I happen to love Oprah’s. It’s a simplified one-day plan filled with advice, time management and cute artwork! Anything helps, right? Download it here.
- Choose a Charity: Before you begin the process, pick a worthy cause you’d like to support. This is a great way to help people in need. Look up pick-up/drop-off services for donations, and make sure you check out what they will accept before making your piles. This is a great way to help people in need, and it’s completely free.
- One at a Time: It’s easy to get overwhelmed when there’s so much work to be done (another reason why I love the checklist above). Make sure you write out a list of rooms, closets, projects and prioritize. Here’s the most important part: complete the project from start to finish before moving onto the next. It’s so easy to get sidetracked (or bored) and move on, but this will only make you feel discouraged and tired. You’ve got this!
- Take Breaks: Don’t overdo it, you’ve got a long day/weekend ahead of yourself. Make sure you’re treating yourself to many breaks while having fun with it (perhaps some donuts as a reward?). I recommend reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up while you recharge—it honestly changed my life for the better!
- Green Cleaners: Simple ingredients from the pantry can be used to make your very own cleaning products! Not only are these solutions kinder to the environment, but they’re extremely cost-effective. Oh, and you get to be a chemist for the day—we’re all about having fun while saving the earth. Click here for nine homemade cleaning products.
Do you have any tips to share? We’d love to hear below! Make sure to tag your sparkly spaces with #FlashesOfDelight on Instagram.