As the old saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers,” and we can’t think of anything better than getting cozy on a rainy day with a great book! Today, we’ve rounded up eight great reads to dive into this month.
1. Exit West: A Novel, by Mohsin Hamid: This remarkable novel is a story of love, loyalty and struggle, and has become an instant New York Times bestseller. It’s an absolute must to read this month.
2. Wedding Calligraphy: A Guide to Beautiful Hand Lettering, by Laura Hooper: We love working with Laura, and we’re so excited she’s sharing her secrets on how to create beautiful calligraphy pieces for your big day in her new book!
3. The Price of Illusion: A Memoir, by Joan Juliet Buck: As the former editor-in-chief of Paris Vogue, Buck shares her dazzling and fashionable stories in this beautiful memoir.
4. Slightly South of Simple: A Novel (The Peachtree Bluff Series), by Kristy Woodson Harvey: If you’re looking for a new series to get lost into, this story of three sisters and their mother will have you flying through the pages.
5. Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, by Vanessa Van Edwards: Being at a work event or with a group of new people can sometimes be so uncomfortable, but Van Edwards has created shortcuts and secrets to help you feel more confident in all social settings.
6. Just the Essentials: How Essential Oils Can Heal Your Skin, Improve Your Health, and Detox Your Life, by Adina Grigore: Essential oils are a popular trend right now, and this book is a great way to learn all about what oils will work best for you and your life.
7. The Way She Wears It: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Revealing Your Personal Style, by Dallas Shaw: One of our favorite ladies, fashion illustrator Dallas Shaw, just released her first book filled with personal style tips and gorgeous illustrations.
8. The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes, by Justina Blakeney: Sure, this one’s not set to release until October, but it’s worthy of your pre-order now! We loved Justina’s first book, so this one is bound to be a favorite this fall.