Our features editor, Carrie, is at the beach this week, so she’s in a summer state of mind. Shop her May roundup of must-haves—including soothing textiles and lightweight clothing to beat the heat—below!
- J.Crew Factory, Printed Embroidered Tank Top ($35.50): This simple embellished tank is perfect for layering as we head deeper into the warm months. I can picture it tucked simply into a skirt, or worn with a cardigan and shorts.
- Awake And Pretty Much Sober (Pink Marbled Vinyl) by Violents & Monica Martin ($14.99): The moment I heard that Jeremy Larson, the husband of A Beautiful Mess’s Elsie Larson, was debuting a full-length album, I immediately had to pre-order it! I can’t wait to finally listen to it when I get back from the beach.
- Sol Sana, Marla Sandal ($140): The perfect spring-to-summer sandal.
- The Way She Wears It: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Revealing Your Personal Style, by Dallas Shaw ($16.48): I was so excited to hear that Dallas Shaw had penned a book all about finding your personal style. It’s packed with good advice.
- Wayfair, Upholstered Accent Arm Chair ($250.99): I have my heart set on an antique mid-century side chair for our living room, but if I get too impatient hunting for something vintage, this reproduction chair is a great alternative!
- Mejuri, Black Diamonds Open Ring ($140): This unique black-and-gold ring is sleek, elegant and at the top of my jewelry wish list.
- Madewell, April Bow-Back Dress ($118): I ordered this cotton dress right before leaving for the beach. I love the sweet bow detail on the back!
- Glossier, Boy Brow ($16): I may just be repeating myself by including this Glossier bestseller in my roundup of favorites, but it’s worth another mention. I need to get my hands on it ASAP.
- Parachute, Linen Stripe Duvet Cover Set ($329): Although it’s mostly sold out, I’m obsessed with this casual striped linen bedding. It’s just what our bedroom needs for spring.