Let’s ‘face’ it: feeling healthy and well this time of year often starts with a beauty routine refresh. But what if you don’t know where to start? Or maybe your budget is next to null since shelling out a month’s salary on that tropical vacation for summer? Well, lucky for you, Hello Glow has stepped up to the plate to help revamp our beauty routines using ingredients and supplies that are likely already in your pantry. This collection of DIY beauty tutorials below are sure to keep you looking and feeling fresh well into winter!
- Homemade Body Wash With Honey & Coconut Oil
- Get Glowing Skin With Turmeric Mask
- 10 Homemade Hair Treatments For Dry, Dull Or Frizzy Hair
- 3 Ways To Get Boho Waves Without Heat
- ‘Kiss Me’ DIY Sugar Lip Scrub With Honey
- 6 Aromatherapy Blends For DIY Bath Salts
- 3 Deep Cleansing DIY Scalp Scrubs
- 11 Best Ways To Naturally Treat Under Eye Circles & Puffiness
- DIY: Apple Cider Vinegar At-Home Skin Peel
- Coconut Coffee Scrub
- DIY Strawberry Face Polish (directions below): “Around here, we love putting strawberries on our faces almost as much as we love eating them! They’re full of vitamin C—a crucial component in collagen production—and salicylic acid, which zaps dead skin cells.” – Hello Glow
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons uncooked white rice
- 2 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons organic, full-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- Coffee grinder
- Small bowl
- Crush the white rice in a coffee grinder until it’s a fine powder. These grains will gently exfoliate your skin.
- Mash the strawberries in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add to the bowl the Greek yogurt, which boasts lactic acids that aid in removing the top layer of dead skin cells. Stir the mixture with a spoon to combine. When it’s smooth, mix in the ground rice powder.
- To use, apply the polish with your fingers to a clean face. Move it in small circles around the face and neck, then let the mask sit for a few minutes to give the chemical exfoliation time to work. Rinse it off with warm water and revel in your newly smooth skin.
Recommended for: Normal to oily skin
Frequency of use: 2 to 3 times per week
Storage advice: Refrigerate covered and use within 1 week
Reprinted with permission from Hello Glow: 150+ Easy Natural Beauty Recipes for a Fresh New You by Stephanie Gerber, copyright © 2016. Published by Weldon Owen.