When we started brainstorming content for our wellness month, I immediately wanted to challenge myself to make more time for working out. Fitness has always been a big part of my life, but since having kids, I’ve really struggled to find the time to get back into a groove (I’ve talked about this in the past here).
The idea was I would complete a 21-day fitness challenge on YouTube. I’ve tried Boho Beautiful’s Pilates videos on YouTube before and thought they were good. So I decided I would go for it and try to do the full 21 days. But I have to be honest, as good as the videos were, I just ran out of time. Running a business and juggling two little kids has been very time consuming for me. At the moment, I’m only working three full days a week, so to take time out to work out feels really tough on my work schedule. Then on the weekends, I find it hard to break away from the family to focus on fitness.
I still plan to get back into my old workout mode. Fitness is more than just feeling better in my clothes, it greatly improves my stress and mental health. That’s what I miss the most. That break from all the stuff going on in my head. One thing this challenge showed me is that I have to stop putting myself last. Yes, I love my family and I love my job, but I also should love myself. If I am not feeling good both mentally and physically, it affects my work and family, so I need to stop feeling so guilty and letting the pressure keep me from making more time for the things I love.
You would think that working out at home would be easier than getting to a workout class or a gym, but I’ve found it to be the opposite. Housework, text messages, emails and family, among other things, all distract me from getting my sweat on. I find I am always putting it off to finish one more thing. By the time I get to it, my day is pretty much over. That being said, working out at home is my best option right now until I have a little more free time in my schedule. Luckily, I’ve found some really great results-driven workouts that I enjoy!
- Boho Beautiful: Get Ready For Summer in 14 Days
- Boho Beautiful: The Ultimate Pilates 21 Day Challenge
- Blogilates: Total Body Workout – POP Pilates
- Blogilates: Butt Lifting & Thigh Sculpting – POP Pilates for Beginners
- Boho Beautiful: Yoga for Weight Loss – The Waistline Crusher
- Boho Beautiful: Morning Yoga Workout – Better Than The Gym
- Yoga with Adriene – Yoga for Anxiety – 20 Min Practice
- Yoga with Adriene – Yoga Tone – Yoga For Weight Loss
- Boho Beautiful: Best Full-Body Workout Fat Burning Calorie Destroyer
- POPSUGAR Fitness: 30-Minute Full-Body Workout to Burn Calories
- POPSUGAR Fitness: Burn 500 Calories in 45 Minutes With This Cardio and Sculpting Workout
- POPSUGAR Fitness: Kayla Itsines’s (BBG) 28 Minute Bikini Body Workout
- What’s Up Moms: MOM FIT – 20 Minute Full-Body Workout