If you followed along with our health and wellness theme last month, one thing that really stood out was the concept of self-care. What better way to indulge in a little uninterrupted “you” time than with a good read? Scroll on for eight team-approved books to add to your summer reading list this season. From thrillers and feel-good stories, there’s something for everyone!
- Fly Me, by Daniel Riley: Head into the clouds alongside Suzy Whitman, a stewardess for Grand Pacific Airlines. Set in 1970s LA, this story features dark and dangerous undercurrents that you won’t want to miss.
- Marlena: A Novel, by Julie Buntin: A classic, yet sinister, tale of two girlhood best friends, and the untimely death that ultimately defines one girl’s past and future.
- The Assistants, by Camille Perri: The catchy, hilarious debut novel from Camille Perri is described as the perfect antidote to your withdrawal from HBO’s Girls. Count us in!
- Own Your Glow: A Soulful Guide to Luminous Living and Crowning the Queen Within, by Latham Thomas: Now’s the time to pre-order the new book from recent Glitter Guide spotlight and Mama Glow founder, Latham Thomas. Own Your Glow is packed with lifestyle tips built to set you up for success.
- Next Year, for Sure: A Novel, by Zoey Leigh Peterson: This novel from new author Zoey Leigh Peterson focuses on one couple’s experimentation with an open relationship, and the ensuing transformative power it has on their roles as husband and wife.
- The Awkward Age: A Novel, by Francesca Segal: Get an intimate peek inside the complex geometric web that manifests within this newly formed modern family.
- Things That Happened Before the Earthquake: A Novel, by Chiara Barzini: This one—a gritty retelling of a young Italian transplant’s perspectives on ’90s LA—launches in August, but is already on our must-read list thanks to rave reviews.
- Into the Water: A Novel, by Paula Hawkins: If you couldn’t put The Girl on the Train down, then you’ll definitely want to grab the latest release from its author! We’re talking murder, suspense and the same type of mind-bending plot twists that you’ve come to love from Paula Hawkins.