If you haven’t jumped on the podcast bandwagon, it’s time to stop procrastinating. This technique of tuning in alongside your favorite creative content creators is addictive, to say the least, and is the perfect way to pass the time while you’re working out, walking the dog or just trying to get from point A to point B. Read on for a list of our team’s top podcasts right now, which feature everything from DIY advice and intriguing interview to scintillating murder mysteries, too!
Started By Bloggers And Websites:
What comes after a blog? A podcast, of course! Here are a few of our favorite podcasts launched by blogs.
- Strong Opinions Loosely Held by Refinery29: This one focuses its interviews on pop culture topics ranging from selfies and feminism to “The Kardashian Industrial Komplex.”
- Oh Boy by Man Repeller: An edgy and enlightening listen from the makers of Man Repeller—a site that has always succeeded in making us think twice about what it means to self-express in today’s world.
- Pardon My French by Garance Doré: The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) award-winning writer, illustrator and photographer shares relaxed (French accent-tinged) conversations with guests like Gwyneth Paltrow, Jenny Slate and chef Matthew Kenney, among others.
- Damsel In Dior: Jacie, of the fashion blog Damsel In Dior, recently launched a podcast. We love her witty, honest candor on Snapchat and can’t wait to hear more of her stories and interviews.
- Young House Love: This witty, resource-filled podcast seamlessly segues your devotion to Sherry and John Petersik’s beloved DIY blog of the same name.
Mystery, Crime And Suspense:
If you had a thing for Serial, you may get sucked into these shows below. We can’t seem to get enough of them!
- My Favorite Murder: Hosted by two true “true crime” fanatics Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, this sinister podcast recounts new murder mysteries on each episode.
- S-Town: This podcast comes from the producers of Serial and is both intriguing and heartbreaking. Once you start listening, you won’t be able to stop.
- Missing Richard Simmons: Where, oh, where has Richard Simmons gone? Listen in as filmmaker, Dan Taberski, speculates over the whereabouts of the now-silent fitness guru.
- Up and Vanished: Dive down deep into the investigative recounting of this unsolved 11-year-old disappearance case—the longest in Georgia history.
Advice, anecdotes and more from a few of your favorite figures in the limelight and beyond!
- Here’s The Thing With Alec Baldwin: The actor shares candid conversations with fascinating people including Carly Simon, Vogue‘s Grace Coddington and the late Debbie Reynolds.
- Women Of The Hour With Lena Dunham: Feed your need for more Lena Dunham now that “Girls” is a goner! Her feminist podcast is full of juicy conversations and themes that will inspire you this season.
- The Longest Shortest Time: You don’t necessarily need to be a parent to enjoy this poignant podcast for moms and dads. The producers often feature listener stories, so be sure to submit your own entry here for a chance to be heard!