From beachy books and sand-ready sandals to handmade heirloom pieces for the home, our features editor, Carrie Waller, has lots of pieces on her wish list for July. Read on to find out what’s at the top of her list this summer, and be sure to share your own must-have items in the comments so that we can be inspired by you!
- Surf Shack: Laid-Back Living by the Water, by Nina Freudenberger: I feel like I will be referencing this book over and over again as I continue decorating our home. This is coastal design done right!
- Dagne Dover, Dakota Backpack in ‘Dark Moss’ ($175): I’m so over traditional roller luggage when traveling—this stylish and utilitarian backpack is a great alternative! The green color is currently sold out, but I love it in dark blue, too.
- Bokos Women’s Black Sandals ($18): Whether I’m traipsing through sand at the beach or dirt in our summertime garden, I have a feeling these lightweight non-porous rubber sandals will be in heavy rotation all season long.
- Meridian, Woven Palm Basket ($55): I am obsessed with everything Meridian has available on its site! The global-inspired, largely handmade collection is so unique. Each piece has heirloom potential, like this woven basket, which was made by women artisans in Northern Zimbabwe.
- ban.do, ‘No Bad Days’ Tee ($44): Enough said!
- Filbert, The Baker ($445): Although certainly an investment piece, this beautiful vegan leather dual-purpose bag has me looking for an excuse to save extra hard so I can splurge come fall.
- Paddywax, Evergreen & Embers 9 oz. Alpine Candle ($20): Fall is my favorite season, so I don’t mind admitting that I’m counting down the days until we can pull our seasonal candles (like this one from Paddywax!) and faux fur throws back out. It’s perfect for snuggly nights in.
- Interior Define, Walters Fabric Sofa With Chaise ($1,900): We have been searching high and low for the ideal sectional to add to our family room, and this cozy sofa with chaise is at the top of our list. I can imagine hours of Netflix binge-watching and lots of Sunday afternoon naps on this couch!