Friendships are such an important part of life, but our busy on-the-go lifestyles sometimes get in between these relationships. We want you to stay close to your friends, so Arin is sharing eight simple ways to reconnect with them this summer. Do you have any tips to add? Please share in the comments below.
We’ve all been there: It’s busy season at work, you’re overwhelmed with deadlines, balancing a relationship/children, hitting the gym and all of those other to-dos! Let’s face it, by the time you get home, you’re stressed out and exhausted. Repeat this cycle 24/7, and it can be incredibly difficult to have a life—a social life at that! It can also be difficult to break out of the monotonous of everyday life. Isn’t it true, though? As we get older, our friendships fade. Priorities shift, and we lose that connection with the ones we love most. It’s important to make time for the people we care about, and that includes our friendships. Catching up with friends can cheer you up and provide a positive change of pace from the chaos. It’s also an incredible stress reliever!
Below, we’re sharing eight fabulous ways to reconnect with your friends this summer (no excuses!):
- Invite a friend to a workout class: Kill two birds with one stone and invite a friend to work out. We highly recommend something fun! Check out this post for fun workout classes—you may find some good ideas!
- Beach volleyball: Invite some long-lost friends to join a volleyball league. Such a fun way to get outdoors and laugh along the way. Hit up the local bar for a celebratory cocktail after!
- Plan a mini getaway: I know what you’re thinking—impossible, right? Wrong! You owe it to yourself to take some time away from obligations. What better way to reconnect with friends? An old-fashioned road trip will take you back to the good ol’ days. Create a fun throwback playlist, and enjoy conversation along the way. Whether you’re going for a day trip or weekend trip, you’re bound to have a great time and create lifelong memories.
- Go to the pool: Sometimes, you just need to sip sangria poolside with the besties. Bonus if you listen to ’90s music!
- Festivals: Most festivals are free to get in and they are a great way to spend time with friends and soak up summer. Eat yummy festival food, sip on something delicious and enjoy an afternoon with zero responsibility.
- Communication: Simple, but powerful. Sending your friends an email/text lets them know you’re thinking about them. Sometimes, a little communication goes a long, long way. Bonus points if you send snail mail! I mean, don’t you guys miss those days?
- Vintage shopping: Looking for something unique? Check out some local vintage markets with your BFFs and find some fun gems! My friend is the ultimate thrifter, and she always invites me for the ride. Oh, and she’s extremely good at it, so I learn a lot along the way!
- Coffee date: Can you step away from the office for a few minutes? Schedule a midday coffee date with a friend—it’ll put a perk in your step throughout the day. There’s nothing better than catching up with old friends!