When packing for a summer vacation, it’s so easy to overpack (we’ve all been victims of it). If you’re like us, however, many items go unworn and just take up already-limited suitcase space. But, by just sticking to the essentials, you can keep your suitcase light and your options endless! Today, Carly is sharing the 10 items you need for a stylish summer vacation, without the bulk.
- Leather Sandals: Heels aren’t always necessary to pack on vacation, so that’s why we rely on well-made leather sandals to take us from the beach to date night in town.
Our pick: Everlane The Bridge Sandal ($88)
- White Tee: A classic white T-shirt is one of the most versatile items you can own. Whether you wear it dressed down with jean shorts or dressed up with the right accessories, you’ll be able to wear this piece over and over again.
Our pick: Gap Fitted Crewneck Tee ($19.95)
- Airy Sundress: You can never go wrong with a breezy sundress to wear on vacation. Whether you choose to wear it as a cover-up by the pool or with heels at night, a sundress is a must for just about any summer vacation.
Our pick: Old Navy Lightweight Crochet-Trim Swing Dress ($44)
- Boyfriend Jeans: A pair of boyfriend jeans are always a favorite of ours because they’re the perfect balance of comfy and classic. Add a pair of heels or fun jewelry when you need a more dressed up look, or relax in them while hanging out around the bonfire.
Our pick: Levi’s Wedgie Selvedge Straight Jeans ($158)
- Colorful Statement Earrings: With so many simple, classic items packed in your suitcase, bring along a pair of bold and colorful earrings to help make a statement with your look.
Our pick: BaubleBar Crispin Drops ($48)
- Denim Jacket: For cooler nights, a denim jacket is always a favorite to bring along. For daytime, take a ’90s style tip and tie it around your waist with a favorite sundress.
Our pick: J.Crew Cropped Denim Jacket ($110)
- Classic One-Piece Suit: We’re so happy one-piece bathing suits are back on trend, and one of the main reasons is how versatile they are! From catching rays and water activities to slipping on a pair of shorts over it to grab lunch, a classic one-piece is always a great investment.
Our pick: J.Crew Plunging Scoopback One-Piece Swimsuit in Italian Matte ($98)
- High-Waisted Shorts: We love a pair of high-waisted shorts for the vintage look but also because they work perfectly with everything from a flowy blouse to a bikini top.
Our pick: Levi’s Wedgie Shorts ($70)
- Aviator Sunglasses: Like most of the items we believe are travel essentials, a classic never goes out of style. And for sunglasses, that’s a pair of aviators. Find what metal works best for you, and your eyes will be protected and stylish all vacay long.
Our pick: Ray-Ban Small Original 55mm Aviator Sunglasses ($150)
- Straw Tote: Straw bags are a must-have this summer, and we love a roomy straw tote to pack up all your beach essentials, but also to use for shopping and dinner in town.
Our pick: Pamela Munson Joan’s Carryall Tote ($395)