We love beauty products here at Glitter Guide, especially those that are high-quality and offer many benefits without the hefty price tag. While there are many beauty products we feel are worth splurging on, more often than not, lipstick is not one of them. Many of the drugstore brands have created products that near mimic those at department stores, and buying them for less means you can buy more and easily switch up your look without breaking the bank. In honor of National Lipstick Day (yes, it exists, and it’s celebrated every year on July 29!), we are sharing a few of our tried-and-true favorites.
- Burt’s Bees Lipstick in ‘Iced Iris’: This is a creamy soft pink shade that is pretty without being too bold. It is great for keeping dry summer lips nourished and hydrated, and we love that it’s made with 100-percent naturally moisturizing ingredients.
- Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs in ‘Nude Lust’: This is a great everyday nude that has just a hint of pink and is super moisturizing on dry lips.
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in ‘Super Nude’: We love Soap & Glory’s Super Nude lipstick (you can get it at Target!). It’s smooth, doesn’t dry out the lips and smells good!
- Revlon ‘Cherries In The Snow’: When it comes to lipstick, this pinky red is one of our go-tos! The blue undertones make teeth look whiter and it’s flattering on every skintone. You can also wear it as more of a stain when you use your finger or build it up to make it bolder.
- Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in ‘Poppy Nude’: Not too orange, not too red—the perfect pop for a night out on the town!
- Burt’s Bees Lipstick in ‘Wine Wave’: This one is the perfect color to transition from the saturated hues of summer to the jewel tones of fall. The formula is super-moisturizing, too!
- L’Oréal Paris ‘Pink You’re Cute’: Our founder, Taylor Sterling, says that if she had to wear just one lipstick color, it would be bright pink, and this one is a favorite.
- Maybelline Coral Crush: This is a go-to color year-round. The color goes on smoothly, doesn’t smudge and offers just the right amount of pop! It also looks great with a tan.