If you are like us, you probably imagined (and hoped) that you’d while away the long summer days reading good book after good book while relaxing on your porch, the park or the beach. However, if you find that you haven’t started any of those books yet, there’s no better time than now to open them up and read. Summer will be winding down before we know it, so don’t wait to lose yourself in a few good books! Read on for our breakdown of the titles you need to read this August, from suspense and cooking to must-reads for the female entrepreneur.
- Bloom: Navigating Life and Style, by Estée Lalonde: YouTube personality Estée Lalonde dives down deep to offer personal insight into blazing a unique path and finding out who you really are along the way.
- The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School: Recipes and Inspiration to Build a Lifetime of Confidence in the Kitchen, by Alison Cayne: Don’t let the entire summer go by without learning to cook at least one new dish! Alison Cayne’s cookbook is the perfect starting point for wannabe kitchen mavens.
- Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life, by Lara Casey: Are you feeling exhausted? Imperfect? Overworked? Lara Casey guides readers through the ups and downs to help turn a pessimistic attitude into a positive one.
- Branding + Interior Design: Visibility and Business Strategy for Interior Designers, by Kim Kuhteubl: Go way beyond the logo in this branding how-to book! Find out how to set your design business apart with tips, worksheets and conversations with already-successful names in the biz.
- The Kind Worth Killing: A Novel, by Peter Swanson: If you’re looking for good old-fashioned suspense, then this one’s for you. The book (which is soon to be a major movie!) packs tons of intrigue and features all the heavy-hitters you’d expect from a thriller: lies, mystery, detectives and murder.
- Milk & Honey, by Rupi Kaur: This poignant and powerful collection of poetry and stories teaches us to find the good amid the pain. It’s a must-read for women everywhere, no matter what her situation looks like.
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur, by Cara Alwill Leyba: If you loved our “Women Supporting Women” series earlier this year, then you’ll love ‘Girl Code’! It’s an inspiring read all about encouraging our fellow females and championing confidence.
- The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country, by Helen Russell: Follow along as this London native works to uncover the formula for joy that Denmark residents seem to have mastered.