IKEA is one of our favorite places to shop for affordable home décor pieces. The wide variety of options offers something for everyone, and there are so many items on our current IKEA wish list (and the list is constantly growing!). And because many of the pieces sold at the store are simple and basic, it’s easy to transform them into a piece that perfectly matches your style without breaking the bank. From changing the knobs on dressers and cabinets and making a vanity out of a floating shelf (it’s true!) to adding a fresh coat of paint, we’ve rounded up 10 of the best IKEA hacks to try this fall. Be sure to let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below!
1. One of the easiest hacks—makeover an inexpensive dresser with fresh paint and knobs! Tutorial & Image via Glitter Guide
2. A simple shoe cabinet gets a modern and sleek look by adding DIY leather pulls! Tutorial & Image via House Tweaking
3. Sarah Sherman Samuel’s IKEA dresser DIY is downright genius—from the paint color to the mid-mod legs and the brass pulls, it’s one we definitely want to replicate! Tutorial & Image via Sarah Sherman Samuel
4. Glam up a simple plastic chair with a little spray paint and faux fur! Tutorial & Image via The Key Item
5. This color-blocked storage console would be so fun for an office or playroom! Tutorial & Image by Sugar & Cloth
6. Turn a desk into a TV console with this chic DIY. Tutorial & Image by Style Me Pretty Living
7. This concrete globe lamp would look great on a dresser…or in a dorm room! Tutorial & Image by Paper & Stitch
8. This vanity was made from a floating shelf! Tutorial & Image by A New Bloom
9. If you’re looking for a major project, we’ve seen so many iterations of Billy bookcase built-ins, but this one may be our favorite! Tutorial & Image by The Makerista
10. Give a Rast chest an update with spots! How fun. Tutorial & Image by Hunted Interior
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌