Fall is officially here, which means it’s time to put away the beach reads and cozy up with a new book (bonus points if there’s a pumpkin spice latte in your other hand!). Here are some of our favorite reads for October.
- A Wilder Life: A Season-by-Season Guide to Getting in Touch with Nature by Celestine Maddy: An absolutely stunning book that will teach you everything from cultivating butterflies to reading the stars while connecting with nature.
- Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Everything this author touches turns to gold, and this new book is no different. A response to a friend’s letter asking her how to raise her daughter as a feminist, this book is a brilliant conversation on what it means to be a woman today.
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety and Eliminate Negative Thinking by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport: Learn how to utilize mindfulness and create “space” in your mind to help you find inner peace and the clarity you need to prioritize what is most important.
- Simple Fare: Fall and Winter by Karen Mordechai: This is a beautifully illustrated cookbook featuring all the seasonal produce and market fare your heart desires.
- Nurture: A Modern Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, Early Motherhood—and Trusting Your Body and Yourself by Erica Chidi Cohen: A must for any new or expecting mama out there, this book covers everything from birth options and breastfeeding to what exactly to expect postpartum.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng: Entertainment Weekly is calling this the “#1 must-read book for fall,” and it’s on Reese Witherspoon’s book club list, so you know it’s going to be a good one.
- My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent: This super-gripping novel is about a young girl struggling to find herself after the death of her mother. It’s a beautiful tale about bravery and redemption.
- A Well-Crafted Home: Inspiration and 60 Projects for Personalizing Your Space by Janet Crowther: This is the perfect book for the serious DIYer who has a penchant for gorgeous textiles and home goods.