Now that you’ve officially changed the calendar to October, it’s time to make a to-do list to keep track of all the fun things you’d like to do this month. Between apple- and pumpkin-picking and trying out some new fall-inspired recipes, it’s important to follow a checklist to ensure you are able to cross off even some of these items. Holistic nutritionist and Glitter Guide contributor, Kara Stout, put together a handy list of 20 activities to either add to or inspire the items on your own October Bucket List. Enjoy!
October is one of my absolute favorite months. The crisp air, the autumn leaves, festive warm drinks and so many fun activities all give me the fall feels. If a season were a hug, it would be fall. If your love for fall is as deep as mine, I’ve got you covered with how to embrace the season and really live in the moment. I put together a list of 20 activities perfect for your October Bucket List. The focus is to enjoy this beautiful season by being outside in nature, disconnecting from technology to connect more with family and friends, playing more, resting more, showing hospitality, trying more homemade recipes and prioritizing wellness and self-care.
Let us know which of these you’re especially excited to try. We hope you have so much fun with our October Bucket List!
- Go apple picking. With the picked apples, make this Spiced Cinnamon Apple Cake.
- Host a pumpkin-painting party—no carving, just paint and glitter (of course!).
- Throw a girls’ Halloween dinner party.
- Make a Homemade Fall-Inspired Latte.
- Try a Fresh Fall Salad Recipe.
- Visit a haunted house…if you dare!
- Have a Halloween movie marathon weekend. We’re sharing our favorites next week!
- Bake guiltless Almond Butter Cup Brownies.
- Go on as many long walks as you can.
- Donate sweaters and coats.
- Make some Spooky Sangria to get in the Halloween spirit.
- Make Pumpkin-Spiced Popcorn for your movie night.
- Have a fall picnic with cozy sweaters and hot chocolate or apple cider.
- Make warm Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for dinner.
- Buy a new fall lipstick.
- Read outside curled up with a blanket and hot tea.
- Find your way through a corn maze.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Go on a haunted tour in your city.
- Reduce technology and social media use.