Who doesn’t love a little DIY, especially one that promises to be super quick and easy for anyone to make? It’s a fun way to add a personal touch to a space, and the fall is the perfect time to try your hand at a DIY project. Stephanie from Baba Souk is here today with a step-by-step that we encourage you to try soon to add to and enhance your fall décor.
We have a gorgeous—and EASY—DIY idea to decorate your home for Halloween. This fall, we’re really into a softer, romantic color palette, so we thought it would be fun to create pumpkins for grown-ups this year! After all, there is more to Halloween than cheap candy and scary jack-o-lanterns. This is a quick DIY project that anybody can nail in only about 15 minutes. Have fun!
What you’ll need
- Pumpkins: We’re really into white and light minty green pumpkins. We also found some soft peachy-orange pumpkins at the market. They create a really nice palette together.
- Green Floral Foam Spheres (you can find these at any gardening center)
- A Bunch of Flowers: You can get creative here. We’d love to see your arrangements! TIP: Go to the farmers’ market to buy your flowers; it’s cheaper than going to the florist.
This is our flower selection if ever you’d like to recreate this exact look:
- Blushing Bride
- Leucadendron Plumosum Spray
- Leucadendron Safari Sunset
- Amaranthus Hot Biscuit
- Cut the top of your pumpkin. Don’t make the opening too wide, only as big as you need for your bouquet.
- Remove the seeds using a large spoon.
- Immerse your foam spheres in water. Let them soak for a few minutes so that they’ll absorb as much water as possible.
- Insert one or two foam spheres inside the pumpkin. You’ll need one or two depending on the size of your pumpkin.
- Insert the stems into the foam balls to create your flower arrangement.
There you go! You have a gorgeous floral pumpkin. If you feel your flowers need more water, just add water inside the pumpkin.
You can mix your floral pumpkin with uncarved pumpkins of different sizes and start decorating your entryway or coffee table. You could also create a very pretty centerpiece for your dinner table. Thanksgiving is not that far away, and these create a stunning romantic feel.
If you like the décor styling, make sure to head to Baba Souk for these gorgeous Boucherouite pillows, cute baskets, cozy throws and leather poufs.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌