Happy November! We’re back with our favorite must-reads of the month. From modern poetry to kitschy illustrated coffee table books, we’re cozying up and getting comfy with some great reads this month.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon: We can never turn down a good suspense novel with a gripping plot. This is one of the best we’ve read in a really long time.
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur: We are forever fans of Rupi Kaur and her incredible poetry. Her newest collection is also illustrated by Kaur and showcases the journey of life, love and growth along the way.
- Moonglow: A Novel by Michael Chabon: This book is definitely a tearjerker. With an epic backstory, the novel is told from the perspective of the narrator’s “grandfather” while on his deathbed. It’ll keep you intrigued while tugging at the heartstrings the entire time.
- Cherry Bombe: The Cookbook by Kerry Diamond: The team behind the hit indie magazine and podcast, Cherry Bombe, have rounded up 100 of their favorite women in the food industry today. We love this cookbook because each woman supplied a recipe that is meaningful to them in a beautifully styled collection.
- Unqualified by Anna Faris: We’ve been so excited for this book to come out (and still a little heartbroken over her recent separation from Chris Pratt, to be honest), and it’s finally here! Anna Faris is hilarious and her comic memoir will make you laugh until your sides hurt.
- Things Are What You Make Them: Life Advice for Creatives by Adam J. Kurtz: This is a new guide for all “creative-preneurs” out there looking to grow their business and maintain creativity while embracing the craziness life brings. This book will empower creatives to go for their goals and have fun along the way.
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz: If you’ve never heard of author, Junot Díaz, run to your nearest bookstore. Winner of The Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Critics Circle Award and dozens more, his novels are modern-day magic. The Brief Wondrous Life is an incredible story about the contemporary American experience and the quest to find love through it all.
- The Little Book of Life Hacks: How to Make Your Life Happier, Healthier, and More Beautiful by Yumi Sakugawa: We love how this adorable book is illustrated by Yumi Sakugawa. We can’t get enough of her kitschy style and cute illustrations! Plus, who doesn’t need a book that teaches you how to make cold brew at home and take the perfect afternoon power nap? Life hacks!
- Make Yourself at Home: Design Your Space to Discover Your True Self by Moorea Seal: If you loved the journals The 52 Lists Project or 52 Lists for Happiness, this new release from Moorea Seal is right up your alley. A combination of self-help and décor inspiration, Make Yourself at Home is a beautiful book focused on helping you design the dwelling of your dreams and feel comfortable in your space.