There’s nothing better than breakfast in bed on the weekend, right? It’s even better when the bed is extra cozy and warm. Caitlin recently added a few layers to her bed from Target’s Project62 collection to make it the perfect cozy spot to enjoy lazy mornings before her second child arrives in a few weeks. This velvet quilt is so soft and the faux fur pillow comes in the prettiest fall hue. And while we are excited that Christmas is right around the corner, we’re still enjoying as much pumpkin as we can until December, such as delicious pumpkin waffles, the perfect fall breakfast-in-bed treat. Read on for a must-try pumpkin waffle recipe!
Buttermilk Pumpkin Waffles
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- Stir dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to a different bowl and stir.
- Gently add pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop by 1/2 cup into heated waffle iron and enjoy!
Recipe via Taste of Home