Did you know it’s National Random Acts of Kindness Day? Out of all the ‘national days’ on the calendar now, this is one we can really get behind! It’s the perfect excuse to go outside of your comfort zone and make someone’s day a little brighter. Here are a few ideas we came up with to spread random acts of kindness today—and here are 10 more ways to pay it forward!
Some of our favorite “kind” ideas
- Send a ‘just because’ card to a few girlfriends.
- Leave a $5 Starbucks gift card in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
- Text your mom (or dad) and thank her for something you’re grateful for about her.
- Treat your neighbors to freshly baked banana bread.
- Compliment your coworker(s) (here are some ideas).
- Send a care package to a faraway friend or family member.
- Pay it forward in line at your favorite coffee shop.
- Bring your neighbor’s trash can up to the house after trash is collected.
- Drop off coffee to a friend or bring a cup for your colleague.
- Return a shopping cart for someone.
- Leave a compliment via sticky note on a mirror for your significant other.
- Say a simple ‘hello’ to everyone you come in contact with today.
- Volunteer somewhere in your community that holds meaning to you.
- Help someone carry their grocery bags out of the store.
- Write positive messages, comments or kindness quotes on the Facebook wall of 10 friends.
- Pick up any trash you come across in your day (you’ll be surprised at how much there is)!
- Send anonymous flowers to someone or simply leave a $5 grocery store bunch on their doorstep.
- Clean out your closet and give away some of your current season clothes to someone in need.
- Bring a hot cup of coffee to someone who works outside.
- Help out a new mom—do laundry, bring over a meal or offer to babysit for a few hours.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌