This month, we’re obsessing over books written by creative women. From floral designers to home décor, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite inspirational books to add to your April reading list. Get inspired this spring with these incredible women and their beautiful pieces.
See what we’re sitting down with on our April reading list:
- The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair: If you’re looking for some color inspiration, this book is beautifully written and full of thought-provoking research on the history of colors and what they have meant to our world’s history.
- The Art of Flora Forager by Bridget Beth Collins: Another Instagram babe we obsess over weekly, Flora Forager creates the most stunning and realistic pieces out of everything she finds in nature—flowers, leaves, stones, twigs, etc.
- Design by Nature: Creating Layered, Lived-in Spaces Inspired by the Natural World by Erica Tanov: This gorgeous compilation is a must for all lovers of design and nature. With incredible photography by Ngoc Minh Ngo, we love every bit of this book.
- Your Home, Your Style: How to Find Your Look & Create Rooms You Love by Donna Garlough: With all the Pinterest and social media chatter out there, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by trends and options. This book, written by the style director for Joss & Main, teaches you how to understand your own design strengths, weaknesses, and how to create a home you will truly love.
- How the French Live: Modern French Style by Silham Mazouz: If you follow along with the home décor blog French by Design, you’ll love the beautiful photo journey this book shares as it introduces a dozen French families and their unique homes.
- Am I There Yet?: The Loop-de-loop, Zigzagging Journey to Adulthood by Mari Andrew: We love following along with Mari Andrew on Instagram with all of her unique and comical illustrations. This is a book every millennial gal needs.
- Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (in That Order) by Bridget Quinn: We love how fascinating and inspiring this book, penned by art historian Bridget Quinn, is to women everywhere.
- Color Me Floral: Stunning Monochromatic Arrangements for Every Season by Kiana Underwood: If you’re as obsessed with following @tulipinadesign on Instagram as we are, you know she has a knack for creating the most gorgeous, vibrant arrangements. Each arrangement in this book is made up of one singular color, showing just how creative and imaginative Underwood really is.