We all have those days when the snooze button is your best friend and sometimes the effort that goes into your beauty routine needs to take a backseat to more important things…like sleep. The busier you get, the less time you have to spend on perfecting the cat eye technique or watching YouTube to contour your face like the pros.
As much as we love to pamper ourselves, sometimes the bare minimum is the best that we can do when we’re in a pinch, running late or working from home (like we do here at Glitter Guide)! These 10 beauty hacks will not only save you time and money, but also your sanity. Plus, now you’ll have time to focus on things that really matter, like what you’re going to wear to brunch next weekend or what you’re going to make for dinner.
Let the beauty hacks begin!
1. Breaking out your compact to powder your nose is a thing of the past. If you don’t want your makeup to move an inch all day long, this Ben Nye Final Seal can be yours for under $20. Spritz it on in the morning and your look will last through all of your errands, meetings, meals and more.
2. Keep face wipes in your nightstand. If you’re exhausted from a long day, the last thing you want to do is spend 10 minutes doing your nightly beauty routine before you collapse into your bed. By keeping a few makeup removing face wipes next to your bed, you can skip your routine, guilt-free, without waking up with mascara-crusted eyes and a lipstick-stained pillowcase.
3. Dry shampoo. Do we need to say more? When your style is on its second (OK, third) day, spray some dry shampoo directly on your roots to bring your ‘do back to life. This versatile beauty product also adds volume, keeps your curls from clumping and adds a subtle hold to your hair without creating that helmet head look. There are so many different shades and scents to choose from, so find a brand you love and never look back.
4. Apply peppermint moisturizer or Vaseline to your tired and cracked feet, and then throw on some comfy, cushioned socks before you get your beauty sleep. That’s it! You’ll wake up with soft, smooth feet and ready to take on the day.
5. Long night up with the kids, working on your side hustle or maybe one too many spring cocktails at happy hour? We’ve all been there. Give the illusion of getting a full 8 hours by lining the inner rim of your eyelash line with a neutral-colored pencil. We are loving this Pixi Eye Bright Liner.
6. All-in-one products are a life- and time-saver. We love how this Ginzing SPF 40 Energy-Boosting Tinted Moisturizer covers all of our skincare bases and this Stila Convertible Color that combines sheer color for your cheeks and your lips into one small compact. Any chance we can get to skip steps and combine the amount of products stuffed in our bags is a win.
7. Haven’t had time to wash your favorite outfit that you need for a dinner party? No problem! Hang it out in the breeze to refresh the fabric from sitting in a corner in your closet. For a little added freshness, spray the garment with your favorite room spray or fabric freshener and iron it out to combat any smells and creases. Throw it on, do a little spin and you’re out the door!
8. Want to have flowing beach waves but don’t like putting too much effort? Braid your towel-dried hair before you go to sleep. When you wake up, blast it with the blow dryer and run a flat iron over the plait to make sure it’s smooth and dry. Undo the braid for beautiful loose curls that will save you time in your morning routine.
9. Using your straightener as an iron is a total time-saver. We know, this isn’t *technically* a beauty hack, but we’re finding it more and more useful, especially with the all the bell-sleeve tops that are in style! Instead of plugging in your iron or steamer, your hair straightener is already handy from getting ready. Plus, it’s the perfect size to get rid of those pesky creases in your outfit before your run out the door.
10. Hairspray your hairpins. This is an easy beauty hack that seems so simple but is totally worth it in the long run. Use this trick and you won’t have to waste any time readjusting your hairstyle throughout the day.
And if all else fails, just throw on your favorite shade of lipstick and give yourself a big smile in the mirror. You’ve got this, girl!
Sign up for our newsletter for more style and beauty inspiration sent straight to your inbox!