Like Justin Timberlake once said…”It’s gonna be May” (OK, he really said “me,” but that’s no fun), and here we are! We’re starting to stock up on all the books we want to pack in our summer beach bag, and we can’t wait to share them with you. Here is a new stack of reading material to get you started and help build up your collection for summer:
What we’re reading this month:
- High Vibrational Beauty: Recipes & Rituals for Radical Self Care by Kerrilyn Pamer: This comprehensive guide to natural beauty and radical self-care features rituals and recipes from the founders of CAP Beauty, the popular New York City-based all-natural beauty store. Learn more about how the foods you eat, how you move and how we take care of our planet affects our beauty from the inside out.
- A Psalm for Us by Reyna Biddy: A spiritual inquiry in four parts, Reyna Biddy’s A Psalm for Us is a soulful collection of prose, self-affirmations, poems and short stories.
- Yesterday I Was the Moon by Noor Unnahar: This moving, personal work from a young female voice collects and makes sense of the phases of collapsing and rebuilding one’s self on the treacherous modern path to adulthood, complete with heartbreak and hope.
- Modern Macrame: 33 Stylish Projects for Your Handmade Home by Emily Katz: We love Emily and her creative, beautiful brain and we couldn’t be more excited for this book! It’s beautifully photographed and we’re suddenly on the hunt for 10,000 more macrame pieces for our home.
- Sundays in Paris: An Insider’s Guide to the Best Places to Eat, Drink and Explore by Yasmin Zeinab: Explore the City of Lights with this delightful guide on all the best brunch, coffee and Sunday spots Paris has to offer. Want some more inspiration? Check out Taylor’s recent trip: 72 Hours in Paris—What We Wore & Did.
- What I Can Learn from the Incredible and Fantastic Life of Oprah Winfrey by Melissa Medina: This beautifully illustrated book is a fantastic read and really shares some great real life advice for all stages.
- Sticky Fingers, Green Thumb: Baked Sweets That Taste of Nature by Hayley McKee: This beautiful cookbook celebrates the use of vegetables, edible flowers and herbs in desserts. It includes a variety of decadent recipes—from sweet pea and green tea cake to peanut butter, rock salt and rosemary cookies. Yum!
- The Astrology of You and Me: How to Understand and Improve Every Relationship in Your Life by Gary Goldschneider: We’re obsessed with the illustrations in this sweet book, which teaches you how to live peacefully with those around you, from friends and family to bosses and co-workers, no matter their sign.
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in This One by Amanda Lovelace: We’re obsessed with her “women are some kind of magic,” series. These moving, relatable poems encourage resilience and embolden women to take control of their own stories. Enemies try to judge, oppress and marginalize her, but the witch doesn’t burn in this one!
- The Financial Diet: A Total Beginner’s Guide to Getting Good With Money by Chelsea Fagan: Whether you’re in need of an overspending detox, buried under student debt or just trying to figure out how to live on an entry-level salary, this is the financial book for people who don’t care about finances.