It wouldn’t be spring without rainbow jewelry and some floaty, ethereal fashion. If you need a new album to jam out to, a new television show to binge-watch or just want to mix up your beauty routine, check out what’s on Samantha’s radar this month.
- Janelle Monae’s “Dirty Computer” Emotion Picture: I thought I was already obsessed with this new album, but this “emotion picture” she put together is incredibly done and the art direction is stunning. I saw Janelle Monae live once about 8 years ago, and watching her evolve as an artist is truly one of my favorite things right now.
- Wandering Bear Coffee: I shared this on our IG stories the other day, but I’ve found the holy grail of cold brew. I drink iced coffee 365 days of the year, and this is by far the best one I’ve ever had. Plus, it’s so easy to have it just ready to go in the fridge each morning. Sorry Folgers, this is definitely the best part of waking up.
- Ilesteva Eyeglasses: After I gave birth to my son, my eyes never readjusted to wearing contact lenses. Since then, I’ve been building up my arsenal of cute and trendy frames, and I definitely am going to be adding Ilesteva to my collection.
- Hortense Jewelry “Sunshine” Collection: I am a sucker for sunshine and rainbows, and this new collection is my dream. Taylor introduced me to Hortense’s amazing designs about a year ago and I still swoon every time a new design comes out. This rainbow necklace is officially at the top of my list.
- Bend Goods Betty Dining Chair: I want to redo my deck before summer officially hits, and these chairs are on my wish list.
- “Dear White People”: Season Two of this show just came out, and I’m so excited. I loved the first season, and even though I’m only three episodes in, the second season is just as great.
- Build an A-Team: Play to Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve by Whitney Johnson: One thing I’ve learned in the past 10 years—from grad school, to the boardroom, to working in the creative industry—is that everything evolves. I devoured this new book for leaders and managers looking to understand how to be utilize their team and create the strongest team possible.
- Ulla Johnson Spring 2018: I’m having a real moment with this collection and the campaign. The colors and textiles seriously speak to my soul.
- Samantha Louise Designs: This San Diego-based artist is one of my favs right now. Not only does she do incredible abstract artwork that I want to cover my walls with, but she’s also a very vocal and open champion for mental health and self-care. Plus, check out this “Something Blue” editorial piece she shared last week—it’s magic!
- The Beauty Chef: “Beauty begins in the belly,” and as someone with Crohn’s disease, I can tell you that’s 100-percent true. I’m loving these bio-fermented, wholefood nutrition prebiotics and probiotics in my daily routine. I’m currently using Glow Advanced Inner Beauty Powder in my smoothies each day, and Collagen Inner Beauty Boost, Hydration Inner Beauty Boost and Antioxidant Inner Beauty Boost at night.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.