August was a really crazy month for me. We redecorated basically our entire house (more on that soon), my son started preschool and by the time this publishes, we’ll just have returned from a whirlwind trip to Maui. [*update JK, turns out Hurricane Olivia had other plans!] I’ve done a ton of shopping this month, without a lot of down time. But I did manage to squeeze in a few new favorites. Read on for everything I’m loving this September.
- Fawn Design Backpack: I’m still using a “diaper bag” for my 2-year-old, and I love how this one doubles as a backpack for all of us. Even my husband doesn’t mind wearing it, and it’s super stylish for everyday use.
- Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence by Daniel Siegler, M.D.: I love everything Dr. Siegler writes, it has basically been my roadmap for parenting. This new book is one just for me though, and I love the science-based guide to meditation and becoming more present.
- Eyebobs Frames: Ever since I had my son (over two years ago, lol) my eyes have rejected my contacts. So I’m always on the hunt for cute, stylish frames because your girl is B-L-I-N-D. Like, have to sleep in my glasses, blind. I love this pair I got from Eyebobs—they’ve become my go-to daily pair. Even if you aren’t blind like me, they have readers, non-prescription and blue light blockers, which I definitely need next.
- Harling Ross: I’m in love with this fashionista on Instagram. She gives me serious Carrie Bradshaw vibes (because that hair is magic) and her NYC fashion life is so cool, yet down to earth and realistic. Of course, I’m judging this based off of tiny IG squares, but if she wanted to hang out IRL, I’d be down.
- Nike Campaign: I was already a Nike girl, but this solidified it for me. I love brands that take a stand for what is right and are not afraid to lose sales because of it.
- Madewell Extended Sizes: I gave a big HELL YEAH to this news when it came out, although my bank account was a little less stoked. These pants are my favorite, especially the burnt sienna color. Definitely my new everyday staple.
- Perfumes: My dad is allergic to basically every scent on the planet, so growing up I never wore perfume. TBH, I kind of forgot about it until recently. But I’ve been dipping my toe in a bit and and I’m really loving trying different scents. I’m a floral girl, and these are my favorites so far: Wander, Gin & Rosewater, Breathe. Plus the bottles are so pretty, I might have a new obsession!
- Miranda Bennett Studio: I shared a little bit of my love for MB in our fall wish list, but now I’ve got my eye on some new “everyday” dresses. This one in particular is one I’d wear every day indeed.
- Rodarte SS19 Collection: I’m at a loss for words. It’s a romantic dream collection and the NYFW show was in a rainy graveyard. Magic, once again.
Read more of what our team is loving and doing with these posts: I Got Dressed For A Week & This Is What I Learned, Taylor Sterling’s Favorite Podcasts and Why We Visit Ojai Valley Inn And Spa Every Single Year.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.