Happy October! Bring on the pumpkins, the fall leaves and all the other Pinterest-worthy fall items we dream about each year. Does anything sound better right now than curling up with a good book and a hot pumpkin spice latte? Here are new books we’re cozying up with this October.
- Nevertheless, We Persisted: 48 Voices of Defiance, Strength, and Courage by Amy Klobuchar: This collection of essays is powerful and inspiring. 48 actors, activists, athletes, musicians and more share a time in their youth when they were discriminated against for their race, gender or sexual identity, and how they persisted and became the best they could.
- The Summer of Pink by Gabrielle Mbeki: We have to include this collection of poems from our girl Gabby. She is such a kind spirit and her ability to express herself through poetry is so inspiring. Check out her home tour on Glitter Guide here!
- I Should Have Honor: A Memoir of Hope and Pride in Pakistan by Khalida Brohi: This is one of those books that you never want to end because you want to read it forever. Khalida Brohi is a fearless, inspirational woman who started a movement while only a young girl. A must-read!
- Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up In The South Taught Me About Life, Love, and Baking Biscuits by Reese Witherspoon: We love this sweet potato pie and how she shares a peek into her entertaining, home life and styling choices. By the end of this one, you’ll be in love with Reese and even more in love with her grandma Dorothea.
- Small Fry by Lisa Brennan-Jobs: Can you imagine growing up as the daughter of Steve Jobs? This memoir is heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. Anyone who has ever butted heads with their own father will appreciate the humanization of a technological giant and empathize with his young daughter.
- French Exit by Patrick deWitt: For those looking for a new fiction novel to devour, this one is a must-read. It’s darkly comical and tells the story of wealth, scandal and social disintegration.
- Feminasty: The Complicated Woman’s Guide To Surviving The Patriarchy Without Drinking Herself To Death by Erin Gibson: From the hysterical host of the “Throwing Shade” podcast, this how-to guide full of personal essays will have you laughing until you cry.
- Body Positive Power: Because Life Is Already Happening And You Don’t Need Flat Abs To Live It by Megan Jayne Crabbe: Stop dieting and get on with your life! At least, that’s what this book boasts as it takes a powerful stance on body positivity, and we are here for it.
- In Pieces by Sally Field: Kind of wishing she’d titled it “You Like Me, You Really Like Me,” but still so excited to add this memoir to our reading list.
shop the post:
Let’s keep the party going! Read these posts next: 10 Cute Halloween Costumes You Can Wear To Work, How To Enjoy Fall Without Feeling “Basic” and Five Things I Learned In My First Month Of Living Alone.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.