I refuse to accept the fact that just because it’s cooling down, I have to forfeit my morning smoothie. To be 100-percent honest, it’s the main way I get my greens for the day. So instead of swapping meals, I’m just swapping flavors. I don’t think I’ll be adding “caramel drizzler” to my resumé any time soon, but the flavor is perfect for fall.
For the bowl:
- 2 ripe frozen bananas
- 1 apple (peeled, seeds removed)
- 1 cup of greens (kale or spinach)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (+ more for topping)
- Optional – walnuts, chia seeds, additional apple slices for toppings
For the caramel
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- pinch of sea salt
- optional – vanilla to taste
- Add bananas, apples, greens and almond milk to the blender. Blend on high until well-blended.
- Add almond butter and additional almond milk if necessary.
- Pour into your favorite bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, combine coconut oil and maple syrup until melted. About one minute.
- Whisk in almond butter until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add sea salt and vanilla to taste.
- Add your toppings to your smoothie bowl and drizzle warm caramel with a spoon.
More fall-inspired recipes right this way: The Best Fall Trader Joe’s Finds To Grab This Weekend, 5 Fall Foods For Magical, Glowing Skin and 8 Fall Salads That You Can Take With You To Work
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.