When it comes to holiday shopping, I actually don’t tend to make much of a gift lift for myself. My husband and I tend to be pretty practical when it comes to gift giving. We like to buy experiences or things we need for around the house. That is totally fine, but it’s still fun for me to create a dream gift list of things I would want for myself if I was going to get gifts. What I typically do is buy gifts for my friends and family and then if there is a little money left over, I will buy myself a little Christmas gift. I know, not terribly exciting, but it works for us. Despite this, I thought you might also like to see what would be on my list and maybe it would inspire gift ideas for you and your loved ones.
- Wary Meyers Blanc de Blanc Moisturizing Glycerine Soap: Wary Meyers is one of my favorite brands. It was created by husband and wife duo Linda and John Meyers. Their love for retro typography and designs shows in all their creative projects. I love supporting them, and this cool soap would make for such a cute gift for someone. I like the idea of buying a few and wrapping them in a large bow or a lucite box.
- D.S. & Durga Vio-Volta Perfume: D.S. & Durga is another small brand that I admire. They share all that they love: music, art, nature all automatically, which sounds downright cool and amazing, in my opinion. Vio-Volta sounds very interesting: filled with hypnotic scents (as it’s described) with notes of patchouli, wisteria, lavender, rhubarb and amberwood.
- Lulu and Georgia Felixa Large Candle Holders: Candlesticks are really becoming a new trend. I love that they add drama and flair to a room, and this cool holder is an art piece itself.
- Rachel Comey Sour Drop Earrings in Iridescent: I love that Rachel Comey’s earrings are like little pieces of art. They take an outfit from basic to statement. I also love that they are well-made but not crazy expensive.
- Pampa Monte Pom Pom Cushion: I’ve been coveting these amazing pillows for a couple years now, but haven’t splurged to get them. I think this may be the time to finally cave in!
- Freda Salvador ACE Lace Up Boot: If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and you love shoes, then you know the Freda Salvador brand well. Founders Cristina and Megan are two of the loveliest and most talented women around. I adore all my Freda shoes and this pair is next on my wish list. They look so good with jeans and jumpsuits.
- Florence + The Machine ‘High As Hope’ on Vinyl: Florence’s music speaks to me soul. I love her so much. I really want to get this one on vinyl.
- Ulla Johnson Rowan Cotton-Corduroy Midi Dress: Ulla Johnson is one of my favorite designers. I love every single thing she makes. This dress is high on my list for its cool material, dreamy color and ease of wear.
- Entler 2-Globe Table Lamp: In a dream world, this weird but beautiful lamp would be mine. I just love it so much.
- Joan Jett ‘I Love Rock ‘N Roll’ on Vinyl: A classic I would love to add to my collection.
- Helen Levi Giant Ceramic Mug in Peach: Helen Levi’s work is breathtaking. Each one is such a piece of art. These peach mugs would look so cute styled on open shelves.
- St. Agni Hennie Everyday Rattan Bag in Black: OK, I know. I already own this in tan, but it’s been my most-used bag of this year. It’s so great for everyday use. I think the black is a must.
- Isabel Marant Nirvy Studded Leather Sandals: These are a trendy piece that I can’t get off my mind. I love the thick, chunky sandal trend. These would look so cool with girlie spring dresses next year.
- Star Power: A Simple Guide to Astrology for the Modern Mystic : I love astrology. I always have, and I don’t totally know why. I’ve found that it’s usually spot on when it comes to me and the people I know well. This book looks cute for styling but also as a fun gift idea.
- Rhonda CAM Super 8 Camera: I love the look that Super 8 cameras give to a film and I’ve always wanted to learn how to shoot one myself. It’s a goal in the new year.
- Sonny & Cher ‘Greatest Hits’ on Vinyl: Another classic that I need to get my hands on.
- Lulu and Georgia Serina Rug in Natural: This is a practical item that we need for our home. I’m loving this simple and natural rug for our living room.
shop this post:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.