It’s officially my favorite time of the year! November through February is my favorite little cluster of months because it’s basically the only time of the year San Diego dips below 70. Plus, this is the first year my 2-year-old is tuned into all the big holidays, so it should be really fun. My favorites this month are kind of a random assortment (per usual), but my personal theme this month was self-expression. I’m so inspired by individuals who just throw caution to the wind and live unapologetically as themselves. I’ve really been motivated this past month to follow suit and focus my energy on things and people that bring my soul a little joy.
Keep reading for everything on my favorites this month:
- Vanessa Bean Ceramics: Ugh. I need one of these vases SO BAD, but they sell out so quickly! Can you blame them, though? They’re stinking adorable.
- BlockShop Textiles Rugs: By now, you might have noticed I’m the biggest fangirl of BlockShop, but I’ve been so focused on the artwork, I never zeroed in on the actual “textiles.” I think if my brain could create its ideal rug, it would look exactly like this.
- Create Your Daydream: I’m obsessed with this San Diego-based artist! I want one of each of the prints in her Etsy shop, but “Legs” might be my favorite. I think it will be so cute in my bathroom!
- Furbo Dog Camera: I’m not exaggerating when I say this is one of the greatest things I’ve ever owned in my entire life. It’s a high-quality dog camera that you control from your smartphone…including throwing treats! That’s right, you can make it shoot out treats with just a swipe on the app and it is such a hoot. I already got my dad one, and it will probably make a few more rounds on my holiday shopping list.
- “A Magic World” by Tim Walker: I’ve been aggressively stalking old Tim Walker campaigns on Pinterest lately. It’s a rabbit hole I’m happy to go down. I keep coming back to images of this 2008 campaign though. Like all his work, the visual artistry is so stunning!
- Personalized Jewelry: I’ve really been on a kick for all things gold and personalized. I’m obsessed with this nameplate necklace that I got with my son’s name on. It reminds me of the “Carrie” necklace in Sex and the City. I’ve been rotating quite the stack of customized pieces these days and I love it.
- OSEA Malibu Skincare: I’ve been using this line for the last couple of weeks and my skin loves it. My favorites are the Hyaluronic Sea Serum, Essential Hydrating Oil and Sea Vitamin Boost. I’ve also really been loving its new Vagus Nerve Oil each night before bed. All of their products definitely make me feel like I just stepped out of the spa.
- Emma Louise: Taylor introduced me to this musician on Instagram and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Paper Magazine described her songs as “Gender-Bending, Adele-Worthy Ballads” and I think that’s 1,000 percent accurate.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody”: I have loved Freddie Mercury for as long as I can remember. My dad always had Queen CDs playing after dinner when I was growing up. I mean, I even have a Freddie Mercury tattoo. He’s one of the greatest artists of our time. Did I think the movie was super accurate? No. Timeline and history fluff make for a better storyline. But the actor who played him did such an incredible job and I think they really helped share Freddie’s story with a wider, younger audience. To me, it was a beautiful tribute.
- Ulla Johnson Lucinde Ruffle Trim Wool Coat: What’s that? Just the coat of my dreams, NBD.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.