When I started making a list of people I wanted to interview for our “Very Important Questions” feature, Kelly Augustine was at the top of my list. She’s one of my absolute favorite people to follow on Instagram. She’s the perfect mix of cool, stylish and serious. She’s so real and raw, and I just get so excited to see her Stories pop up. I couldn’t be more excited to introduce you all to her. I know you’ll love her as much as I do.
1. What do people call you?
Kelly Augustine, Kelz for short.
2. Where do you call home?
The Bronx, New York City.
3. How do you make that money, honey?
Content Creator/Creative Consultant/Clothing Boutique Owner (I wear many hats!).
4. What are you most excited about these days?
Creating and doing things that help people feel their best.
5. Favorite way to end a day?
Burning candles and listening to smooth music or a glass of wine while watching “The Bachelor”!
6. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Pistachio and Americone Dream.
7. Dream concert?
Masego + Robert Glasper + Kendrick Lamar OR Beyonce + Rihanna.
8. How would you describe your style?
Casual Urban Glam (kind of an oxymoron, but if you see my Instagram you’ll totally get it).
9. #1 spot on your travel bucket list?
Ghana. 2019 marks the 400th year since the first enslaved Africans were brought to America, so I think it’s really important for me to be there.
10. How do you take your coffee?
Black with a lemon.
11. Favorite way to treat yourself?
Shopping or a day of solitude doing absolutely nothing.
12. Top 3 favorite albums of all time?
“Beyonce” by Beyonce, “Invincible” by Michael Jackson, “Waiting to Exhale” soundtrack.
13. Who inspires you the most?
I wouldn’t say it’s one person. Not to sound cliché, but the people in my audience inspire me daily. I am constantly thinking of ways to not only enrich myself, but to enrich their lives and to create things that are useful and relevant to them and OUR needs. For example, right now I am doing an egg freezing partnership because not only is it interesting to me, but I had a feeling it was something they’d have questions about and they do.
14. What big goal have you yet to accomplish?
I would love to visit most of the continents—I’ve been on three, so I’m halfway there!
15. When was the last time you cried?
16. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Their eyes and smile. They both say so much without saying anything at all.
17. Who is the last person you texted?
My best friend TJ.
18. What’s your favorite thing in your closet right now?
I have a handful of vintage Givenchy blazers that I LOVE.
19. If you didn’t have your current career, what would you be doing?
I’d probably be working with kids. I used to work as a private school administrator before I worked in fashion.
20. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I feel like Gabrielle Union and Tracee Ellis Ross have personalities similar to mine, though we look nothing alike. People used to say I looked like Jennifer Hudson!
21. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My friends are all such great gift-givers! But one of the best gifts I got this year was a pair of AirPods—they have significantly changed my daily life.
22. What’s your sign?
Sagittarius sun, Leo moon (aka I’m a lot).
23. Favorite flower?
24. What will you be doing a year from now?
I have no idea, but I know it’ll be good!
25. Where can our GG audience connect with you?
Check out our first “Very Important Question” feature with Renata Stone and stay tuned for more cool women changing the world!
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.