In today’s fast-paced, on-the-go, tech-obsessed society, it’s no wonder we are more stressed out than ever. And while a visit to the spa is always a much-needed and relaxing experience, it’s not always physically and financially possible to get there every week, month or even every year (although, self-care is super important and we urge you to take the time every now and again to relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul at the spa). Luckily, there are ways to take the spa experience home with you, and the best place to replicate that oh-so satisfying spa feeling is none other than your own bathroom. Believe it or not, there are some simple things you can do to make your bathroom feel like a spa, and we’re here with a few ideas.
- Keep it Clean: Decluttering is on everyone’s minds these days (thanks, Marie Kondo!), and you should add the bathroom to your list of rooms to tidy up. Go through and toss old cosmetics and skincare products, and be sure to organize those you decide to keep. Consider hiding them in a cabinet or drawer, or at least storing them in a basket. Walking into a messy bathroom can create more stress, so when attempting to replicate a spa-like atmosphere, it’s important to ensure your space is clean and tidy.
- Choose Calming Colors: We love colorful accents here at GG, but for the ultimate soothing spa-like atmosphere, it’s best to stick with neutral colors that are soothing like pale blue, soft gray and white. If painting your walls isn’t an option at this time, consider updating your bathroom with a neutral-colored bath rug, shower curtain and towels.
- Get Wrapped Up in Comfort: Speaking of towels, one of the best parts of visiting the spa is the clean, fluffy towels and robes that are available for use. Treat yourself to a new bath robe and slippers and buy new towels to not only enhance the look of your space, but also help you feel comfortable and pampered.
- Incorporate Aromatherapy: It’s impossible to walk into a spa without noticing its wonderful scent, oftentimes a signature scent that you’ll smell throughout the spa. Luckily, aromatherapy diffusers are all the rage today, and you have a wide range of devices and essential oils to choose from to help set the mood. Also, choose hand soaps and lotions with scents that relax you and make you happy.
- Treat Your Skin: There’s nothing quite like a professional facial or massage at the spa, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat your skin to some at-home pampering. Purchase a skin-cleansing brush like the Clarisonic Mia to cleanse the skin and get rid of dirt and impurities, apply a face mask once a week and enjoy the benefits of all those wonderful skincare products you have stored away in your bathroom.
The spa is undoubtedly a great place to unwind and relax, but when a spa visit isn’t possible, don’t underestimate the power of a soothing, spa-like bathroom in the privacy of your own home to help ease your mind, body and soul.
shop the post:
Be sure to also check out Beauty Products That Can Also Calm You Down, The Best Anti-Aging Beauty Products You Can Find At A Drugstore and 7 Homes That Know How To Hygge.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.