Pink lady apples are my favorite. They have been for as long as I can remember. These blush beauties are more tart than sweet, and have a crisp bite to them. They’re one of my favorite things to eat, and especially to put into salads. Now that the weather is getting warmer, all the yummy produce is making its way back into our homes. This fresh and vibrant salad will definitely become your new spring go-to.
What you’ll need:
For the salad:
- 2 cups organic mixed greens
- 1 cup organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 Pink Lady apple, cored + thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- sliced almonds for garnish
*note – you can add a protein to this salad like some grilled chicken, but I find the vegetarian version just as satisfying!
For the dressing:
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (white wine or rice vinegar will work in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt + pepper to taste
Combine all your dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If it’s too thick or chunky, add a couple tablespoons of water until you reach the right consistency. Taste and adjust as needed with salt or vinegar.
Place the greens in a large serving bowl and drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat evenly. Top with strawberries, apples, feta, scallions and almonds. Serve immediately.
You can store the rest of the dressing for up to five days, so lunch is set!
Find more must-try recipes here: 10 “Sunday Supper” Recipes To Try This Weekend, 5 Healthy And Easy Recipes With 5 Ingredients Or Less and A Sweet + Healthy(ish) Valentine’s Day Parfait
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox each Sunday 💌