Hello, summer! The theme for my favorites this month is fabulousity. It’s a real word, I promise. From Drag Queen story hour to the style icon I never knew I needed, I’ve been loving everything Pride month has had to offer. Keep reading for the fun and quirky finds I loved this month.
- Drag Queen Story Hour: If you’ve been following along for a while, you know how much I love drag queens. Their artistry and energy is one of my favorite things in the world. I’m so excited for the San Diego chapter to host our first event this weekend!
- Milk Makeup KUSH Lip Balm: TBH, I have always had the hardest time finding the right tinted lip balm. Maybe it’s the natural color of my lips, but anything I buy with a tint to it makes it look too pink. I grabbed this balm on a whim from Sephora, and I’m obsessed with it! Not only is it the perfect consistency, but the color is exactly what I want. I use “Bubble,” but I’ll definitely be trying out other shades.
- Billy Porter: Talk about someone who has been killing 👏🏼it 👏🏼lately. I don’t usually care about events like the Grammys or the Tonys, but I now officially care about Billy Porter and what he is going to be wearing. He is the actual definition of fabulous.
- Polished Prints: I’m obsessed with these shirts from Polished Prints. They are so soft, and just putting them on makes me feel more positive. Plus, I love that I can match with my kiddo and he loves them, too!
- Heidi Anderson Protectors: I came across these on Pinterest and immediately saved to my “coveting” board. They are one-of-a-kind pieces and made using local raw materials. I love how organic and unique they look.
- Plant Apothecary Body Wash: I can’t remember the last time I liked a body wash as much as these from Plant Apothecary. It was probably in my elementary school days of dousing myself in all things Cucumber Melon from Bath & Body Works 😂. I like this travel set because I can change it up based on my mood without it taking over my entire shower.
- Love The Fur You’re In: This book makes me so happy. I grew up watching “Sesame Street,” and now love sharing that nostalgia with my son. This book is so sweet and uplifting, and I love that it compiles so many art renderings from over the years. It’s fun to see how everything has evolved, yet is still totally the same “Sesame Street” we know and love.
- Harvard Business School’s Cold Call Podcast: Oops, I’m a terrible alumna. I had no idea my grad school alma mater had a whole slew of podcasts! I’ve been particularly enjoying this one on former Harvard case studies from faculty members and the lessons they impart.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.