Bathrooms can be tricky to decorate. They’re often small, can have bad lighting, are often muggy from hot showers…but are still a room of the house where we spend a lot of time. They should be a sanctuary where we can go to reset, feel our best and wind down after a long day. Luckily, with a few simple updates to your space you can achieve that beauty zen vibe without spending a ton of money or doing any big construction. Our contributor, Kaleigh Glaza, is here with some ideas.
Styling upgrades can really make your bathroom pop, and help you feel a sense of calm when you pop in there to quickly do your makeup before a date night. No fuss, no muss; these tips can even be used in rentals or short-term housing to help it feel like home.
- Add greenery: There’s nothing like a little bit of greenery to spice up a space! If you want to play it safe, you can get any number of fake plants, but you could also visit your local greenhouse or florist and ask for plants that thrive in humid climates. Make those steamy showers work for you!
- Go for an accent wall: If you don’t want to re-paint your entire bathroom, or aren’t allowed to in your current rental situation, you can still add an accent wall with removable wallpaper. Wallpaper is back in a BIG way, and it can make a huge statement with not a lot of work. This is one of my favorites!
- Keep yourself organized: Lots of bathrooms are pretty small, so make the most of any drawers you have! Whether it’s a powder room full of travel-sized items for guests or your master bath, you need the proper storage and organization for your cabinets and drawers.
- When in doubt, go minimal: Again, since bathrooms are often small, think sleek and simple for any additions you make. I just found this super clean hair dryer holder and fell in love with the idea that one product could hold my haircare, not take up too much space and almost look like a piece of art on my wall.
- Look outside traditional bathroom accessories: I have never been a big fan of the bathroom accessories you find in stores. The sets sometimes aren’t that cute! That’s why I started using other, non-bathroom-specific items to spice up my countertop! This utensil holder could also hold hair tools, and these cute ceramics are perfect for hair ties, cotton balls and even to hold your toothbrush. Don’t be helmed into bathroom products alone!
- Showcase your passions: Love to travel? Hang your favorite adventure photos on the walls! Are you a big reader? Light this literary candle while you’re in the bath! You HAVE to spend time in the bathroom, so you might as well make it a personalized space while you’re at it.
- Make the most of every space: And we mean every nook, cranny and corner! You don’t want the space to feel overwhelmed, so tuck your shelving to the corners of the room to open it up.
- Get artsy: Art. Is. Life. Make your bathroom a space of color and fun with the right bit of artwork! This is not the spot for a gallery wall or a large print, but even a small pop of fun will draw peoples’ eyes away from, well the toilet, and onto something cool like a line sketch, a fashion print or a view of a beautiful Parisian street.
- Keep shelving sleek: No matter what décor theme you are going for, shelving should be sleek and uncluttered. Shelves are also a super easy thing to replace so don’t let a clunky antique set of shelves mess up your look!
- Get cheeky: And get ready to get naked! 😉
shop the post:
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.