Happy February! I’ve been really focusing on slow living lately, which means less tech and more quiet activities. So far I’ve really been enjoying it, so you may notice a theme in my favorites this month. If you haven’t yet, be sure to read our post on niksen, because I am all about that life. So here’s everything on my list of favorites this month!
- The Stationary Shop by Marjan Kamali: I have to admit, I originally was drawn to this book for the gorgeous cover. But this book was such a pleasant surprise. It’s a gorgeous love story set in 1953 Tehran that spans several generations and lifetimes. I already know this is one of my top books of 2020.
- Wicked Audio Cron True Wireless Earbud: So, I have to confess, I hate Apple headphones. I can’t stand the way they feel in my ears. I’ve been taking my dog on a daily five-mile walk and these have been a lifesaver. They’re so comfy and the quality is great. I thought I was going to be an “over-the-ear” headphones gal forever, but these have changed my mind.
- The Book Catapult: One of my girlfriends gave me a gift certificate here for my birthday, and I’m so embarrassed to admit I didn’t even know it existed. It’s the most beautiful little local book shop in San Diego and I’m obsessed. I’m all about supporting your local book shops as opposed to big-box or online retailers. Also, my dream life is Meg Ryan’s character in “You’ve Got Mail,” so this really resonates with me.
- Bless The Messy Art Prints: I love following @blessthemessy on Instagram, and I recently just ordered a bunch of stuff from her Etsy shop, including this Mr. Rogers quote art print. I was originally going to put it in my son’s room but I love it so much I think I need to put it somewhere I can see it more often.
- Puzzles: I have a new obsession with puzzles. I had no idea there were so many cool puzzle companies out there working with independent artists. My dining room table is now officially the puzzle table, but I love it. My favorite puzzle brands so far have been Jiggy Puzzles, Inner Piece and Lemonade Pursuits. They all work with artists and are small businesses, so it has been fun to support them as well.
- Maison Balzac Summer Gobelet Set: Who knew I could fall in love with glassware? Maison Balzac can do no wrong, and its latest launch is no exception. I love, love, love the color scheme of this set and only hope that I can convince my husband that yes, we do need even MORE glassware.
- Vote Save America: You’ve probably heard about my love for my favorite political podcast, Pod Save America for its honest, candid take on politics. It recently put together a project called Vote Save America, which is essentially a one-stop shop for everything you need to get smart, get involved and get out to vote. Also, if you have any questions or are unsure about the process from now until November, it breaks it down and explains it in a way that’s easy to digest.
- Anisa Beauty Makeup Brushes: I am almost embarrassed to admit how long I’ve had my makeup brushes. And don’t ask me when I last washed them 🙈. But I recently upgraded to these makeup and skincare brushes from Anisa beauty and I’m hooked. They’re vegan and cruelty-free, which is a must in my book. I also love the cleaning products from the “Purify” line to help keep them in tip-top shape.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.