It’s a weird time, I think we can all agree on that. But even though we’re currently quarantined indoors and things are a little uncertain, I’ve been trying to stay positive and find the bright side of things. So, if you want to take your mind off current affairs for even a moment, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s everything I’ve been loving this month!
- Rodarte Fall 2020: So, I like to think of my personal style as “Crust Punk Marie Antoinette.” So when I saw Rodarte’s FW2020 line, I was obsessed. The fashion show itself was set in a candlelit St. Bartholomew’s church in Manhattan, but the way it managed to make “vampire goth” look ethereal and soft is truly the most astounding. BRB, gotta go buy some tulle and black lipstick.
- Aceology Beauty: I have a 3-year-old who thinks sleep is for suckers, so my under-eye circles are intense. I’ve been loving these Ice Globe facial massagers to help decrease puffiness and stimulate circulation. I keep them in the fridge and use them every morning after doing my skincare routine. I can’t tell you how good these cold little globes feel on tired, puffy skin, and they even help with the tension headaches I get after a long day of eyestrain and staring at computers.
- “Emma”: To say I loved the newest Jane Austen remake, “Emma,” is an understatement. I talked about it for days on end after I watched it. The costumes, the scenery, the acting, it was all superb. I will be dreaming of this movie and its gorgeous aesthetic for days to come. I can’t wait to go see it again.
- Riverhead Books: I hadn’t even put two and two together that my new favorite IG account was also the publisher behind my new favorite podcast (more on that next). This account is my new favorite resource for books from a wide array of diverse authors. If you’re always on the lookout for a new book, this account is a must-follow.
- “Marlon and Jake Read Dead People” Podcast: This is my absolute new favorite podcast. It’s hosted by Man Booker Prize-winning and internationally bestselling author Marlon James and his editor, Jake Morrissey, executive editor at Riverhead Books. In each episode, Marlon and Jake talk about authors—specifically dead authors. Authors they like. Authors they hate. Great books, terrible books and books they love that you’d never expect them to. As a total bibliophile, this podcast is completely addictive and endlessly entertaining.
- Devon Made Glass: This glass fruit series by New Zealand artist Devon Ormsby is so dreamy. I want an entire set of the pink fruit.
- Welly Bottle: I’m always trying to find ways to drink more water. I love the minimalistic design of my Welly Traveler bottle, but I especially love a brand with a good story and a mission I align with. With each purchase of a Welly bottle, you help fund its clean water initiative in Malawi.
- Khaite: You might recognize the brand name from the now internet-famous time Katie Holmes stepped out wearing a cashmere bra and matching cardigan. But when I saw this plaid and tulle number on Kerry Washington, my jaw dropped. The whole styling of this look is pure perfection, but Khaite is definitely a new go-to source of inspiration for me.
- Out Of Print: Sure, I might not need anymore tote bags, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to keep buying tote bags. But this site is a book lover’s dream. It has everything from apparel to accessories to home goods, and quite frankly, I want it all. I can’t remember where I found this site, but thanks a lot for taking all my money.