It’s so hard to believe we’re already in April and Q2, but here we are! Time flies when you’re…staying home 24/7? I’m grateful to be healthy and home with my boys, but don’t get me wrong, I miss the outside world and can’t wait to see my friends and loved ones. With everything that is going on, I’m still trying to focus on finding the beauty and positivity in the world, which has resulted in discovering some pretty cool finds. Here’s everything I’ve been loving in April.
- Miss Grass: I curated my own shop of CBD goodies for one of my favorite brands featuring some tried-and-true products. If you’re new to CBD, this is a good spot to start! I’ve tried each of these products and love them all. Use my code “samanthawelker” for 15 percent off.
- “High Fidelity“: I love the original movie so much, it’s one of my all-time favorites. So when I heard Hulu was remaking it into a series with my ultimate girl crush, Zoë Kravitz, I was automatically intrigued. I went into it with not super-high expectations (pun intended), because the original was so great, but I’ve really enjoyed this series and my girl Zoë does a fabulous job.
- Nathalie Lete: I’m very much having a moment with French artist Nathalie Lete. I’m obsessed with her colorful vintage-inspired art that she describes as “sometimes strange” because, same. It’s inspired by folk art and she mixes everything from vintage toys to old engravings of flowers and birds. It’s kitschy and eclectic, and I’m in love.
- Alexis Christodoulou: You’ve probably seen Alexis’s work floating around IG, but I’ve gone down the rabbit hole recently. Since 2017, Alexis has been creating these digital imagined architectural spaces that are just too stunning to be true…because they are. If you need a bit of escapism during quarantine, I highly recommend spending some time in his world.
- Beautycounter Give ‘Em Lip Trio: Adding a swipe of lipstick has been surprisingly uplifting during this time at home. It’s an instant mood-booster. I love this new trio from Beautycounter. Not only are the colors super fun, but the packaging was designed by one of GG’s favorite artists, Lisa Congdon. I love the color “B. Fearless” for a natural-looking pink, and the classic red and bright fuchsia for when I need an extra “pop” of fun.
- Me & Patsy Kickin’ Up Dust: My Friendship with Patsy Cline by Loretta Lynn: I love Dolly Parton so, so much, but Loretta Lynn is my ultimate country sweetheart. Her music has such an important place in my life, as does Patsy Cline’s music. I snagged my copy of Loretta’s new book as soon as it came out and read it cover-to-cover in a couple of days. It’s a great read about friendship, grit and creativity.
- Obsidian Slide Board: My friend shared about these on her IG stories and I decided to give it a shot. It’s a great workout for when you’re stuck at home and don’t have space for big exercise equipment. I have crap knees from my old cheerleading days, so low-impact workouts are the way to go, and this is surprisingly fun and easy on my knees while burning a ton of calories.
- John Prine: This month, we lost John Prine, one of America’s greatest songwriters. He was one of the first artists my husband and I bonded over when we first met, and we even played some of his songs together back in the good ol’ days (pre-life with toddlers). I’m heartbroken he is gone, but he left us with a beautiful catalog to remember him by.