It’s hard to believe it’s already May! But I guess time flies when you’re spending all day, everyday at home 😂. Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, and while the way we celebrate special occasions these days looks drastically different, there are still some creative ways you can enjoy the day.
Though Cinco de Mayo commemorates a Mexican military victory, it is not widely celebrated in Mexico. It is, however, embraced in the United States by both Mexican Americans and people of other cultures. It’s a holiday known for margaritas, Mariachi music, parades, bright colors, and of course, food!
Since we’re all at home for a while longer, we thought it would be super fun to partner with our friends at CHI-CHI’S® for an at-home Cinco de Mayo celebration. The makers of CHI-CHI’S® products, the nation’s celebration-focused salsa brand, is going to help make everyone’s quarantine “Mucho Better” and a true party with live, socially distanced mariachi music on Tuesday, May 5 for “Singo de Mayo!”
Here’s what you’ll need for your own at-home Cinco de Mayo celebration:
- CHI-CHI’S® salsa, and plenty of it! My favorite is the Medium Thick & Chunky salsa with blue corn tortilla chips.
- Mexican sodas and/or margaritas of your choice. We went with both!
- Now is a good time to try out your cooking skills. Here are a few authentic recipes you can try for your Cinco de Mayo celebration:
- Colorful decorations. You can get creative with it since resources are limited. We used some colorful banners we had left over from other parties and my favorite glassware. Colorful flowers are also a great option! As long as you surround yourself with what makes you feel happy and ready to party, you’ll be set.
- A laptop/iphone/etc, and a Zoom account.
Why a Zoom account? Because to make the fiesta even more of a real party , CHI-CHI’S® is partnering with the Mariachi Heritage Foundation and throughout the day on May 5, the company has arranged for a mariachi band to continually play in a virtual celebration. Fans can have the chance to experience a private 30-minute mariachi session, and can sign up for their chance to win by visiting here. And hurry, the chance to try and get a coveted spot will close at 5 p.m. CT today!. CHI-CHI’S® will let selected fans know about their time slot and give out a Zoom link, so that on Cinco de Mayo, they and their friends can join-in and listen to and interact with the band live, at their designated time. At the end of the day, there will be a live, virtual happy hour concert from 6-7 p.m. CT where fans from across the nation can enjoy mariachi together on YouTube.
The makers of CHI-CHI’S® products will also donate $10,000 to the Mariachi Heritage Foundation to assist its many members who find themselves out of work or falling on hard times.
So, while we can’t be together in person this Cinco de Mayo, we can still celebrate virtually with good food, good music, and good people. Happy celebrating!
This post was sponsored by CHI-CHI’S®. The compensation received in exchange for placement on Glitter Guide is used to support the larger team behind GG. While compensation was received in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always our own. Sponsored posts like these allow for the development of more #flashesofdelight content to be produced, for free. Thank you for supporting us and our partners!