I’m still coming down from my Mother’s Day high (figuratively, not literally), which included an insane amount of garden roses, brunch from my favorite San Diego spot and laying in bed watching blissfully uninterrupted reruns of “Law and Order: SVU.” But now it’s Monday and life is back to the regular routine, which still involves a lot of a staying at home. This month, I’ve been watching a lot of documentaries and just trying to keep my brain stimulated. But along the way, I’ve discovered a lot of new finds I’m excited to share with you.
- Ann Wood’s Paper Artwork: Ann Wood creates these paper flowers and fruits that are mind-blowing. I can only imagine the time and care that goes into making each one look so incredibly lifelike.
- Tim Labenda’s Home: It suddenly occurred to me that all the images I’d been pinning were from the same house. Interior designer and consultant Tim Labenda is living in my dream home. The kitchen nook, the bedroom, the living room, it’s all pure magic. Can someone please transport me to Berlin?
- “We’re Here”: This new six-part series on HBO has stolen my heart. If you’ve been around for a bit, you’ve probably heard me talk about my love of drag queens and the art of drag at one point or another. This new show features three queens who travel to small towns and recruit residents to participate in a one-night-only drag show. I have ugly cried every single episode. It’s unscripted, and there are so many moments of acceptance and love that just make me so happy.
- Flora Forager Isolation Creation: I love Bridget Beth Collins’s everyday creations. Her children’s book is one of our favorites. During this time at home, she has been recreating vintage paintings using items from her garden and around her home and they are so much fun. I’m so impressed with what her mind can come up with!
- Carolyn Misterek: I am profoundly in love with this oil painter from Washington D.C. I discovered her on IG a few weeks ago and I just swoon over everything she paints. It’s simplistic yet detailed in the most beautiful way. I am a huge fan.
- Prisms: OK, I know this isn’t rocket science or some impressive discovery on my part, but I ordered a pair of hanging prisms a few weeks ago and they have been bringing so much simple joy to my mornings. To walk out in the living room and have it covered in rainbows is a lovely way to start the day.
- Dope Girls: Where has this zine been all my life? Dope Girls zine is a cannabis culture publication that gives young female and non-binary creatives a platform to share their stories and artwork. It’s on hiatus right now, but you can still check out the most recent volume. It’s incredibly beautiful and you’ll appreciate the creativity whether you’re a fan of cannabis culture or not.
Loved this post?
Subscribe to Glitter Guide to receive the latest blog posts, creativity resources and shopping recommendations delivered straight to your inbox.