Happy August! It’s all a downhill slide into Christmas now, right? As I was putting together my list of favorites this month, I realized the theme is comfort and inspiration. If you caught my post, Dreaming Of A Simple Life, you know I’m working really hard on simplifying and finding easy comforts in my own home, especially since we have no idea when our quarantine days might be coming to an end. So without further ado, here’s everything I’ve been loving this month.
- Miracle Eye: I have been really into this funky brand this past month. It makes some groovy handmade clothing and accessories that are perfect for anyone who loves the ’60s and ’70s. It’s also Latina-owned and family-run so you’ll be supporting a small business!
- Arq: I’m late in the game to this one, but I’ve been living in Arq goodies. They are so comfy and available up to size 3x. My kiddo picked out matching leopard-print sets for us, but I have one in almost every color.
- La Mignonette Tumblr: It’s been a while since I spent my days scrolling Tumblr, but I discovered this account via Pinterest and I’ve been checking it daily ever since. It is a pretty accurate depiction of what the inside of my brain looks like.
- 3rd Ritual: I don’t even remember how I found 3rd Ritual, but I knew I needed to buy the whole set when I couldn’t pick just one. They are botanical body balms that are beautifully packaged and created with the intention of your daily rituals and purpose.
- Vintage Swans: I sent Taylor a text the other day that just said, “I’m really into swans rn.” It was incredibly random but true. I’ve been tracking down as much vintage swan décor as I can get my hands on recently. It’s ironic since real swans and geese scare the crap out of me (big birds that hiss, why?!), but aesthetically, I’m obsessed.
- Noble Carriage Waffle PJs: I let my 4-year-old pick out the majority of his clothes, which means he spends most days in a variety of Spider-Man apparel, but he surprised me when he picked out the Pink Sea Salt set from my friends Noble Carriage. He says they are his new favorite PJs because they are “so cozy.” As his mom, I love that they are organic, hypoallergenic, and eco-friendly dyed.
- Modernist Ear Cuff: I tend to wear the same pair of earrings every day, but I love to mix it up with a cool ear cuff. I’m loving this funky Modernist ear cuff from Maison Miru. It’s oversized and a little dramatic, just how I like it.
- The Michelle Obama Podcast: My love for Michelle Obama knows no bounds, and I was so happy when she announced her new podcast. The first episode, with my other favorite, Barack, was such a beautiful conversation on family and community. The second episode with one of her best friends was so incredibly relatable. When Michelle confessed she was dealing with a “low-level depression” due to quarantine and racial strife, I felt so grateful for her willingness to be so open and honest in a world that still stigmatizes mental health.